• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can understand why you say that but feel it's more about context and fit as well. I have 3 pairs of shoes on the 348 (including the suede Lowndes) and nowadays I'm thinking it's almost too elongated-looking on my foot (I wear a UK9.5 and suspect it works better with smaller sizes). The 325 last works on this boot and also fits my foot a lot better. I don't think the 325 works for a sleek dress shoe.

Similarly (because I'm going through this thought process right now
smile.gif
), I'm choosing between

and

The Carmina looks sleeker but would be a tighter fit for me. The C&J Boston is rounder and arguably less interesting but would be more comfortable. Between the two, I'm tending to go for the Boston because of the fit.

Last edited:

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
325 looks great as wingtip and a wingtip boot. I think for a captoe boot, 240 is best because it's slightly pointer than the 325, which gives it a less spherical shape

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I just did a side by side comparison of my shoe in the 240 and 325 and it's a pretty subtle difference.
You sir are correct. Both my Lindrick and BB Peal sit on the same shelf together and I didn't look to see. For some reason, the Lindrick is a lot more comfortable than the Wingtip in the same size (sized down a half size). Lindrick in a 11.5 fits much better than the Wingtip, which I wear in size 12

Last edited:

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Funny you mention that - my Coniston is a lot more comfortable than my Peal in the same size. I'm jealous that you got the Lindrick! I would have loved to have gotten that or the Islay. The Lindrick is a beautiful boot!

Mr Cucumber

Reaction score
I can understand why you say that but feel it's more about context and fit as well. I have 3 pairs of shoes on the 348 (including the suede Lowndes) and nowadays I'm thinking it's almost too elongated-looking on my foot (I wear a UK9.5 and suspect it works better with smaller sizes). The 325 last works on this boot and also fits my foot a lot better. I don't think the 325 works for a sleek dress shoe.

Similarly (because I'm going through this thought process right now
smile.gif
), I'm choosing between

and

The Carmina looks sleeker but would be a tighter fit for me. The C&J Boston is rounder and arguably less interesting but would be more comfortable. Between the two, I'm tending to go for the Boston because of the fit.

I disagree. Larger shoes has less "extra shoe" in proportion to the whole shoe. If you are somewhat proportionate a 348 should not be a problem with larger sizes. I myself am 6'7" with UK12 and although it feels a bit too elongated when you look down at it, it looks awesome from all other angles.

Coniston is an awesome boot either way.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Similarly (because I'm going through this thought process right now :) ), I'm choosing between 

and

The C&J is definitely not as interesting. But in the long run it will never go in, or out, of style. It also will be more versatile in terms of wearing it with jeans/chinos, especially as it ages.

As much as love the sleekness of the C&J 348 I find it somewhat too much on my two pairs of Merton loafers. And I wonder if in a loafer I wouldn't be happier with a slightly rounder last. The Simpson last on the Carmina's is not quite as long as the 348. If they offered this makeup on the Rain last (which is a little wider) you would be in 'sweet spot' IMO.

Then we have the issue of the suede itself. Carmina is known for it's luscious suede. C&J is just OK as far as I'm concerned.

Of course the easy answer is, BOTH! :nest:

Last edited:

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Similarly (because I'm going through this thought process right now :) ), I'm choosing between 

I prefer the Carminas, did you tried them both or you are anticipating how they will fit based in other models?, I have a pair in the simpson last and is very comfortable.

dijor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying C&J Audley in calf brown. I want to wear these casual with a jeans. Anybody have this shoe and tried this? I'm only concerned that these maybe too formal.

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Mr Cucumber

Reaction score
I find it a bit boring. There is nothing happening. It is just so round.

My new Lowndes:

What colour is that? Black, by any chance?

Naah, they are espresso suede although it is pretty much impossible to capture that color. It is even harder with an iPhone.. It is dark brown with hints of grey.

Larger shoes has less "extra shoe" in proportion to the whole shoe.

what does it mean?
What I am trying to say is that if my foot is 42 cm maybe the shoe is 46 total. 4 cm added; 9.5% added. However, if I have a smaller foot, let's say 36 the shoe may be 39.75cm. 10.4% added. I don't know if the numbers are any good but I hope I made my point.

With bigger sizes they add less extra length. As a person gets bigger, the risk of him looking like a clown gets smaller as there is less extra shoe.

I hope I made my point. It's hard, trying to write something like this when you are drunk :satisfied:

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

What I am trying to say is
that if my foot is 42 cm maybe the shoe is 46 total. 4 cm added; 9.5% added. However, if I have a smaller foot, let's say 36 the shoe may be 39.75cm. 10.4% added. I don't know if the numbers are any good but I hope I made my point.
With bigger sizes they add less extra length. As a person gets bigger, the risk of him looking like a clown gets smaller as there is less extra shoe.
I hope I made my point. It's hard, trying to write something like this when you are drunk :satisfied:

got it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads