• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can someone share some buying and shipping experience with US or Canada when ordering from Robert Old?
thanks

Yes, I ordered a pair a few years ago, they charged my credit card inmediately, never confirmed the order, never answered more than 10 emails I sent and never sent the shoes. I had to dispute the charge to my CC and finally got my money back. Never heard from them, not once.

Steel28

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes, I ordered a pair a few years ago, they charged my credit card inmediately, never confirmed the order, never answered more than 10 emails I sent and never sent the shoes. I had to dispute the charge to my CC and finally got my money back. Never heard from them, not once.

Hmm, this is strange as I never expected such experience from RO.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No little white bumps from the rain? My Carmina's looked pretty ratty after their first rain storm.

After some polishing and burnishing they are back to looking swell.

I seem to remember Nick Horween being quoted as they don't know why some shells will react with the white welts and others don't.

Luck of the draw?

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No white welt but that's happened to me before with a pair of black shell Alden's. I do have light surface circles (water didn't penetrate lhrough top layer). A wet rag got rid of them though

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I soaked my Vass Budapest Oxfords (saddle shell) the first time I wear them, I have to admit I was suffering, but I just let them dry and brushed and they looked fine the next day. I love those shoes, I have a fairly big rotation but I wear them twice a week, I want to wear them everyday. I posted pictures when they were new a few weeks ago but will update this weekend (in the Vass thread, sorry to sneak this in the C&J).

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I soaked my Vass Budapest Oxfords (saddle shell) the first time I wear them, I have to admit I was suffering, but I just let them dry and brushed and they looked fine the next day. I love those shoes, I have a fairly big rotation but I wear them twice a week, I want to wear them everyday. I posted pictures when they were new a few weeks ago but will update this weekend (in the Vass thread, sorry to sneak this in the C&J).

looking forward to it. I think im ready to go one another shoe buying binge. Thinking of getting first pair of Vass and Carmina, or maybe a C&J balmoral.

Anyone visit the St. Jermyn C&J store. Any interesting make-ups?

add911_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

looking forward to it. I think im ready to go one another shoe buying binge. Thinking of getting first pair of Vass and Carmina, or maybe a C&J balmoral.

I make regular vist to the shop to check out stuffs

There is a exclusive derby boot model which you might be interested. Handgrade last, looks very good and for some reason not on the website.

And the gator shop display in Burlington Arcade is actually for sales, all UK9, no good for you I believed.

Last edited:

Marcellionheart

Reaction score

The Paris shop had more balmoral models than Jermyn St when I was there in December. Might want to call them up and ask 'Parlez vous Anglais?'

triathlete

Reaction score
Wondering if anyone can help me on the history and approximate age of these as I prep them for auction. These are reptile Health Brand by Crockett and Jones, which I see might have been a line in the 1930's. However, I also have found adverts from the 1950s for the Health brand. Any other info anyone might pass along?

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

rikod

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMGP0075.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads