• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Shoemog

Reaction score
I wonder why there are not more Handgrade models. The Handgrade leather and the leather soles are very nice.
use of leather maybe but they have all the classics sorted in the range tbh. maybe its begging out for a Group MTO ....there is a thread for that but cant remember where I stumbled upon it.

shoeinvestor

Reaction score
although alot of the shoe people will say that leather is or can be quite usable in wet conditions. I guess it depends on your tolerance for it. I certainly put away most of my leather for winter/rain here (UK). Its like suede - certainly could be used in the rain but I tend not to.

Tricker's - who pride themselves on the 'country shoe' even have a triple leather sole which they say is weather proof.
But what do you wear in winter/rain instead?
I also like rainy weather because my Conistons, Snowdons and suede shoes and boots are great in dealing with it.

Fenners81

Reaction score
although alot of the shoe people will say that leather is or can be quite usable in wet conditions. I guess it depends on your tolerance for it. I certainly put away most of my leather for winter/rain here (UK). Its like suede - certainly could be used in the rain but I tend not to.

Tricker's - who pride themselves on the 'country shoe' even have a triple leather sole which they say is weather proof.
Weather proof? Sounds like marketing nonsense. A triple leather sole will last 50% longer than a double - that's all.

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score
use of leather maybe but they have all the classics sorted in the range tbh. maybe its begging out for a Group MTO ....there is a thread for that but cant remember where I stumbled upon it.
That's kind of the problem. They need to create new models of boot not just variations of the same stuff. MTO are great but I want brand new models.

stephenaf2003

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rough out Coni’s to start the weekend
IMG_5215.jpeg

KOz

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Unley loafers from Anglo-Italian. The 391 last is the same one the Yale loafers use. I find it to be a better fit than the Harvards 2's 376 last. Love the low vamp and unlined front.

They're mostly sold out now, but I was told a new batch should arrive in around 2 weeks.

Attachments

• PXL_20240525_133250130~2.jpg
    PXL_20240525_133250130~2.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 47
  • PXL_20240525_133503983~2.jpg
    PXL_20240525_133503983~2.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 43
  • PXL_20240525_133554607~2.jpg
    PXL_20240525_133554607~2.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 101
  • PXL_20240525_133343187~2.jpg
    PXL_20240525_133343187~2.jpg
    359.4 KB · Views: 158

Shoemog

Reaction score
But what do you wear in winter/rain instead?
I also like rainy weather because my Conistons, Snowdons and suede shoes and boots are great in dealing with it.
Yeah I almost never wear leather in rain unless it's unexpected or light on an otherwise warm day. Don't have any city rubber or equivalents which would be my next move if I changed sole.

It's boots or shoes with dainites (have a cheaney pair, moltons all year classic and a Loake brogue). Not as convinced by suede in really rainy weather.

Shoemog

Reaction score
Bought a pair of Unley loafers from Anglo-Italian. The 391 last is the same one the Yale loafers use. I find it to be a better fit than the Harvards 2's 376 last. Love the low vamp and unlined front.

They're mostly sold out now, but I was told a new batch should arrive in around 2 weeks.
What's the sole on those? The Flexi thingy or city rubber.

They do look lovely.

Shoemog

Reaction score
City sole

Great looking pair that. Unlined toebox looks like good move to keep it comfortable.

Looks like the Snuff Unley has a bit more stock.

Did you get that intel from inside the store?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paul_L