• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

hbarradah

Reaction score
Hi guys, does anyone know where to shop for shoes in Paris? I'm there for two days and other than locating the C&J store I couldn't find something similar to Jermyn St to shop.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi guys, does anyone know where to shop for shoes in Paris? I'm there for two days and other than locating the C&J store I couldn't find something similar to Jermyn St to shop.

Just C&J? If others then I would recommend Carmina, Edward Green, and Anatomica for interesting Aldens. There is no centralized area for men's shoe shopping though so you'll have to do a bit of traveling.

hbarradah

Reaction score
I'm looking for stores that sell shoes that I can't easily find in the US. Santoni, Weston, or unknown Italian brands. Are there any streets that would have boutiques with variety?

Tuur

Reaction score
Hi guys. Small sizing question. I have a 7.5 UK in most C&J-shoes (348, 363) but size up half a size for the Coniston (325-last) to compensate for the shorter length.

Now I would like to buy an oxford with more toe room then on the 348 or 363 last and I have my eye on the new Connaught in dark brown leather. think I should probably size up half a size to UK8 to compensate for it's shorter length compared to 363/348 lasts.

Somebody who ha shoes on both 348/363 last and 236-last (like the Connaught)? Do you size up half a size for the 236-last?

Thx!

niklasnordin

Reaction score
Looks great!

I don't suppose you could give is a quick summary on how you achieved this?

Dye product name, wax stripping agent, etc.
I just cleaned these with leather soap and water. Usually it requires a bit of Saphir Decapant, but not this time fortunately.
Then its just saphir dyes, my own blends of colors...6 of them.

Progress shots are here http://shoonerd.tumblr.com/post/126935838322/repatination-of-crockett-jones-rosemoor
A bit of cream and wax and Bob's your uncle :)

Hotjock

Reaction score

Weston is on the Champs Élysées. Right hand side as you go towards the Arc de Triomphe.

C&J, John Lobb & Edward Green stores all within 5 minute walking distance of each other (Boulevard Raspail, Boulevard Saint Germain). Near them is also a great high end shopping centre (le Bon Marche) with various high end shoe brands. The larger C&J store is just off Place de la madeleine.

Naesuk

Reaction score

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any thoughts on the Autumn/Winter collection? The Galway looks pretty fantastic, very versatile with some different laces.

JR Magat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally cooled down today so I can finally begin the breaking in of my Whiskey Skyes from the last GMTO:

Those are so good, wish I saw that GMTO

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads