• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got my Harlech's back from C&J NYC from the resoling. Pretty damn happy with these. Sorry for the crappy indoor iPhone pics...

Looking good, excellent, I love the Ridgeway sole! The Harlech's should come on a rubber sole if you ask me instead of the double leather sole!

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That new style is great for a gipsy wedding!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi C&J Thread! First poster here. I have been looking at the Chiltern chukka boot as my next potential purchase. I have been searching high and low for a boot (mainly Aldens [sorry]) made with suede and commando type sole. I dress pretty casual on a daily basis and the Chiltern fits my desires pretty well. I haven't seen much discussion or pictures posted here, besides the classifieds, on these boots and was wondering if there was a reason for that? Are they unpopular for any reason or just too casual in the general realm of C&J?

Thanks!! 

I have the Chilterns also and it is a great chukka boot, but agree with the other poster that it is a bit blobbier, but for a casual boot that's OK IMO.

Hi guys,

Is the consensus to go TTS on the 363 last? I wear 8uk in the 348 which is a touch long. I wear 8uk in most lasts in other brands.

Thanks!
I have a pair of Crawfords in the 363 last and it is too big in UK 8.5E, but then again the Crawfords are loafers too. I am a Brannock US 9D and wear UK 8E in the 325 last (Onslow) and UK 8E in the 224 last (Chilterns). My 348 last (Drummonds) shoes are a little too big in UK 8.5E too. Not sure if UK 8E would fit me in those since the 348 last is a bit narrow. Might need a UK 8F for the 348.

Question of my own. How do people size the Connaught (236 last)? Are you 0.5 or 1 whole size down from your U.S. Brannock size? Trying to figure out if an UK 8E would fit me or if it is a shorter last where I need to take a UK 8.5E.

Last edited:

SmokingAgain

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am quite new to the nice shoes collecting.
Would like to have an opinion on these Crockett & Jones shoes:

They are a little damaged on the nose as you can see. Asking price is a 100 euro.
Would that be a good deal or is it better to save (for new ones) and look further?
Or is it okey to look for second hand ones?

Thanks allot.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen a bum today wearing shoes in better condition ..

Even these are 50 EUR question is, would you like to be wearing someone else's beaten shoes?

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those look like crap - take a pass

SmokingAgain

Reaction score
Haha okey thats clear. Well the reason im asking is that i dont have a clue what still good and whats not.

The thing is a can save for new ones, but in my region i also see allot of second hand ones.
So i was wondering if its okey to get a few second hand ones , since the build quility should be good and the shoes should last for a long time.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure where you are from but in France there is one guy selling beaten branded shoes like this though the ebay.

They all look like sh*t, and if you can save the money for a new pair, do it. If you are in the hurry to purchase a first pair for a job/wedding or whatever, order it online at full price. If you can wait, keep browsing the ebay.com / ebay.co.uk for a new pair at around 30-50% off selling price.. They will appear eventually ..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics