1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by david3558, Feb 24, 2011.

1. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

@BackInTheJox nice pickup.. How is the sizing on the 365 last? The only lasts in C&J that I know my size are the 335 and the 325.. Appreciate some help here..

2. BackInTheJox

BackInTheJox Senior member

I have experience with the 325 and now the 365. Length feels about the same to me, but a little more room width wise in the toe box (which makes sense as the overall silhouette is a more bulbous look vs the 325 shoes). I went with my 325 size and it works very well for me. Not sure if that has been others' experience as well.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
  3. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

That helps.. thank you.

4. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

Unfortunately, the 325 last in the same size as 365 does not work for me. If anyone is looking for a pair of 7.5UK Purdey Conistons (tan smooth calf), I will be posting them this week.

5. laufer

laufer Senior member

Yes that was my experience too. 325 last is a little larger in toe box for me.

6. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

7. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

Would you mind expanding on this? How does the 325 last on the same size not work for you? Is is narrower? how is the fit different in the waist and the heel?

8. mogili222

mogili222 Senior member

when you say the 325 last is larger in the toe box, do you mean it is wider or taller? In pictures the 365 last appears taller, so just wanted to confirm.

9. laufer

laufer Senior member

Both, 325 felt wider and taller.

10. BackInTheJox

They are size 7.5 E UK.

11. BackInTheJox

Interesting.

I would go with the majority on this. If most people find 325 larger, there's probably a reason. To be honest the difference to me is not very big in the first place, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

12. Skelnik

Skelnik Senior member

@BackInTheJox - eBay? Just curious because I saw a pair of 7.5 last week and almost made a bid, but was too late.

13. BackInTheJox

Yup! If that's your size and you are interested in them I am happy to sell them to you for what I paid + shipping. Let me know.

14. Allen Dreadmon

Allen Dreadmon Senior member

For me, the 325 last has a narrower toe box than the 365 last, so my toes are squished. I need the extra space.

15. Supertramp

Supertramp Member

Does anyone know what polish to use on the Conistons so that they don't change colour? I have a Saphir gift set with various colours.

16. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Senior member

In my experience, you will rarely get a correct match, best to start with the lightest and slowly work your way to the darkest colors and settle where you are happy. You will get a great patina this way too...

1 person likes this.
  17. alexSF

alexSF Senior member

Saphir Light Brown 03 is good if you want to mantain the original colour, I suggest you to use also a bit of mid brown 04.

(I use also Dark brown and a touch of black on the toes/heels only, wax polish only, far easier to remove in case of mistakes compared to creams)

1 person likes this.
  18. BackInTheJox

Is the Cardiff no longer made?

19. Lobster33

Lobster33 Senior member

Alright guys, totally new to C&J shoes. I am very interested in the Connaught shoes in chestnut, but I only have experience with one pair of Loake 1880 shoes. I fit well into the 7 F in the Loake Aldwych, but it is slightly wider than my other shoes, so would 7 E work on the Connaught? Also, does C&J use the hard white leather insole in the forefoot of the shoes like Loake, or is it a softer leather insole?

20. Manav Kapoor

Manav Kapoor Senior member

Does anyone happen to have this pair of shoe trees from Pediwear by Saphir, and if so, how well does it fit the 348?