• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

SmokingAgain

Reaction score
Im from the Netherlands,

Thanks for the advice, then i will wait and check ebay or get some new ones online.

I geuss thats better than be disapointed with a second hand pair.

Unfortunately in my city there are not much nice shoe stores.

Last edited:

SmokingAgain

Reaction score
Ahh awesome , thanks allot. Better to go there and actual try something on then to order from the internet.

treipok

Reaction score

I bought my pembrokes last year... Although the difference is little I'd like to know if this is normal... Mines have a slightly different tongue than the ones on the CJ website. Mines have the same tongue as tbe navy blue ones which is a new model introduced last year... Has Crockett jones changed the original tongue of the pembrokes?? I am happy with mines (in the picture) but I dunno why they dont hace the same tongue as the ones on the CJ website. Hope someone can give me advice!!!

The difference is in the tongue, mines (and the blue model too) hace a "straight" tongue while the others (I suppose the original version) have "like a toothed saw" tongues... Please tell me!! Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Crat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello all, I am quite new to the nice shoes collecting. Would like to have an opinion on these Crockett & Jones shoes: They are a little damaged on the nose as you can see. Asking price is a 100 euro. Would that be a good deal or is it better to save (for new ones) and look further? Or is it okey to look for second hand ones? Thanks allot.
I like the look of shoes with battle scars more than than of fresh-out-of-the-box shoes however ideally the owner of the shoes should be the creator of the battle scars. On the Dutch stijlforum there is a thread discussing second-hand shoes an whether or not to wear them. I like the look of these but would not buy them in that state; I would have wanted to get them to that state myself. I don't know where you are based but other addresses are Hermans in Utrecht, Shoes&Shirts in Maastricht, Sir Max and Zwartjes in Amsterdam.

bigbadbuff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The difference is in the tongue, mines (and the blue model too) hace a "straight" tongue while the others (I suppose the original version) have "like a toothed saw" tongues... Please tell me!! Thank you in advance!

I just got a pair a couple of weeks ago. They have a serrated tongue.

Does the scotch grain stretch at all? I loooove them but, not unusual for me, the left is a little tight on my pinkie toe. If it will stretch a little I will keep them.

Last edited:

treipok

Reaction score
Keep them definately! The scotch grain stretches a bit, and the leather gets quite softer... They are very very comfortable once you've break in them.... Lucky you that your tongues are serrated!! Dont know what happened to mines... Hope somebody has the same concern

daizawaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing is a can save for new ones, but in my region i also see allot of second hand ones.
So i was wondering if its okey to get a few second hand ones , since the build quility should be good and the shoes should last for a long time.
You have to ask why the previous guy is selling them....most probably to fund a purchase of new shoes...why would you want to pay him to do that? I`d save up and buy a new pair for yourself, unless they are incredible value...but all a personal choice really...

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

@Cleav
 Great combo. May I ask where are the socks from?

Thanks Haz, sorry I've really no idea. The Duchess bought them as a gift, I believe from a Discount place but no clue as to the maker :)

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to Paris in October for 10 days and need to good shoe for walking that can be paired with jeans as well as wool or flannel pants that are comfortable for walking? The Parisians do not allow athletic shoes in their country and I make it a point to not wear my budweiser t-shirts outside the U.S. I have the C&J Westbourne and Monkton and would like to stay with the 348E last. Currently looking at the Tetbury in dark brown, how comfortable are these for walking a couple miles a day? Also hoping all models come with the dainite sole. Other suggestions?

Last edited:

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to Paris in October for 10 days and need to good shoe for walking that can be paired with jeans as well as wool or flannel pants that are comfortable for walking? The Parisians do not allow athletic shoes in their country and I make it a point to not wear my budweiser t-shirts outside the U.S. I have the C&J Westbourne and Monkton and would like to stay with the 348E last. Currently looking at the Tetbury in dark brown, how comfortable are these for walking a couple miles a day? Also hoping all models come with the dainite sole. Other suggestions?

Can't go wrong with the Tetbury suede in brown or black.

Are you hitting any shoe shops while there?

Cuttingboard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can't go wrong with the Tetbury suede in brown or black.

Are you hitting any shoe shops while there?

I can't decide whether to get the chocolate brown suede or dark brown calf...

Yes, I plan on visiting a few shoe shops; John Lobb, EG, Carmina and C&J. We're staying in Saint Germain and these shops are within walking distance of our apartment.

Other suggestions?

Last edited:

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This isn't a shoe recommendation per se but I purchased a pair of Islay boots from the C&J Paris store on Boulevard Raspail when I was there last year. The exchange rate wasn't as good as it is now but with the VAT refund I made out OK. Plus I was able to nail down my size in store. I emailed the store the week before to see if shoes/sizes where in stock and I went to purchase the day of arrival.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads