• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

** Quintessential Crockett & Jones Thread ** (reviews, quality, etc...)

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry to continue on with my rambling. Unfortunaely, my local Barney's does not carry any C&J shoes at all. :(

I have been reading size comparisons off and on today when time permits. For last 337, I am sure I'm either a 7 or 7.5...but I'm not sure which one. Again for reference, I'm a 7 UK in Tricker's last 4444, and a 8.5 US in Alden's Grant and Plaza lasts, and 8 US in Alden's Trubalance, Barrie, and Modified lasts.

I will go put an order in with Pediwear soon and I think I will get the shoes in about 3 months due to a very long queue.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are no cheaper from Pediwear than they are directly from C&J. If C&J has them in stock you won't have to wait so long.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They are no cheaper from Pediwear than they are directly from C&J. If C&J has them in stock you won't have to wait so long.

Really? I was under the assumption that Pediwear is the best around, in terms of pricing. I have been emailing the sales rep back and forth and he stated that the shoes are not in stock at C&J either. If they were, they can dispatch the shoes to me within several days.

The wait is not a factor for me. My office's dress code is business casual and for the fact that I actually wear a suit, sans a tie, to work....people already think I'm crazy.

As of now, I don't have any sleek lasted shoes. Over the next year, I would like to add 4-6 to my collection. :)

__PG__

Reaction score
The price from Pediwear is the same as direct from C&J. Pediwear charge less for postage. However, the C&J mail order shop has better stock.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just don't want you to miss out on the best part of RTW shoes...............instant gratification!

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just don't want you to miss out on the best part of RTW shoes...............instant gratification!

Also instant payment! Haha corny joke.

The staff at Pediwear is very helpful thus far though.

I think I will most likely be fine with either sizes. If they fit too big, I guess I can wear thicker socks to compensate.

David Zaritsky

Reaction score
When you bought your shoes new, and applied neutral creme for the first time, did some of the color rub off onto the cloth? Just applied my first to my new Skyes and was surprised that so much chestnut brown color was coming off....

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No color lifting on mine. I did my usual 'new shoe procedure' to them.

1.) One coat of Saphir Renovateur, Buff with brush. Wait 24 hours and repeat.
2.) One coat of Saphir Nuetral wax.

Northampton Novice

Reaction score

When you bought your shoes new, and applied neutral creme for the first time, did some of the color rub off onto the cloth?  Just applied my first to my new Skyes and was surprised that so much chestnut brown color was coming off....

This is quite normal. Neutral creme & polish contain solvents which take a little bit of the finish off each time they are applied.:nodding:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This looks lovely.

Looks like I will be joining the group soon. I found a place that has the shoes I want in stock. They should arrive sometime this week. :slayer:

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a Canon 5D, and use an L-series 85mm F1.2 lens. Natural light indoors (it's cloudy out so light is nice and soft).

Shoes are on a small nubuck sofa, and am experimenting a bit with backdrops - used Mrs D's astrakhan coat for the most recent ones today (unless she asks, in which case I would never dream of doing such a thing).

Thanks for the details. What Mrs. D doesn't know about what you do with her astrakhan coat won't harm her. :embar:

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

How does one get the Weymouth in this tan/whiskey color? According to the C&J website, they're available in brown and black. I think this looks gorgeous.

Gdot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You can special order them in any color leather from the handgrade collection.

Send them an email or call one of the stores for additional assistance.

Last edited:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You can special order them in any color leather from the handgrade collection.
Send them an email or call one of the stores for additional assistance.

Will do. When I inquired through Pediwear, they said I can only get it in black or brown per the availability selected from C&J's catalog.

I should be getting the brown pair by Wednesday. I'm also anxious to see how my size selection fairs out. It took a lot of Googling and asking for help for me to finalize my size. At the end, I went true to size instead of sizing down .5 size. My concern was the width as my feet, even though are normal, are slightly wider than the average feet.

I also thought the whole advice thing is all over the place. C&J themselves suggested I go true to size, so just size down .5 from my US size to get my UK size. They stated that the Weymouth is designed to have a bit of room in the toe area with an extra space of a quarter of a full size. (Assuming that half a size is around 4mm so that's 8mm x 1/4, which is around 2mm so that is very minuscule.)

Pediwear also suggested I went true to size.

C&J New York and P lal suggested I size down .5.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads