• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

dapperclassic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If we’re taking requests, here’s a few things I’d love to see in future 😀

1) Soft Roma spread collar dimensions made the same as the standard Roma spread, less the fusing of course.

2) I recently tried the sport jacket and it came out really well but I think the lapel gorge is too high. Would be nice to see this lowered or perhaps offer this as an option, along with a narrow, medium and wide lapel width options. Also being able to choose different levels of shoulder structure would bring the custom jacket program in line with a few other competitors in this space.

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maiden voyage for this Proper Cloth's SC.

Is this the stand-up placket?

EZB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

1) Soft Roma spread collar dimensions made the same as the standard Roma spread, less the fusing of course.

2) I recently tried the sport jacket and it came out really well but I think the lapel gorge is too high. Would be nice to see this lowered or perhaps offer this as an option, along with a narrow, medium and wide lapel width options. Also being able to choose different levels of shoulder structure would bring the custom jacket program in line with a few other competitors in this space.

While we are at it, @Seph, I'd love to see some customizations of the material for the placket, such as a different fabric accent for the inside of the placket--like you can do with the collar or cuffs right now.

TheLawBeard

Reaction score
Are y'all having stocking issues or is it a business choice to do limited stock on so many fabrics? I want to say there were 4 or 5 fabrics in the last week that I've noticed go out of stock from my wishlist.

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I recently tried the sport jacket and it came out really well but I think the lapel gorge is too high. Would be nice to see this lowered or perhaps offer this as an option, along with a narrow, medium and wide lapel width options.
I second this. That would be amazing.

Is this the stand-up placket?
Shirt is not from Proper Cloth. 😅

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Noted on gorge height. I personally like the look of it slightly higher - but it works differently on different people. We currently have a narrow lapel option for a two-button style. To select this, click on customize, and then Style. It's inevitable that we will expand on this over time - but we don't have those options in development at the moment.

For shoulder structure, there are effectively 3 options currently:
  • Waverly: no shoulder padding, no sleeve head
  • Bedford/Hudson: no shoulder padding, lightweight sleeve head
  • Allen/Mercer: shoulder padding, medium-weight sleeve head
These options can be customized in the Construction section.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are y'all having stocking issues or is it a business choice to do limited stock on so many fabrics? I want to say there were 4 or 5 fabrics in the last week that I've noticed go out of stock from my wishlist.

We are not generally having stocking issues... Currently we have 796 shirt fabrics in stock. Every fabric has its own unique circumstances, many seasonal fabrics are intended to be limited edition and are discontinued when they sell out. Year round fabrics are also discontinued from time to time as we find better qualities, etc.

Our buying team is pretty good about updating a fabric's status to show if it is permanently out of stock/discontinued or just temporarily sold out (and when it's expected to be back). You'll see that information on the sold-out fabric page.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious why so many of your pique fabrics are dry clean only. I have never encountered a pique knit with those instructions and I can't imagine wanting to own a cotton polo/shirt that can't be machine washed.

Adman West

Reaction score
Maiden voyage for this Proper Cloth shirt. Went with the Calcini recycled cotton fabric and I like it a lot. Feels good, and to me eyes, it looks like a cotton/linen blend when used in summer but will look like an oxford in winter. Really like it.

What collar option is this?

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Seph if you’re open to suggestions, I’d love to see a single cuff offered. I know it’s traditionally a super formal (I have zero idea why) cuff style, but I think it might be very successful.

Seph

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I'm curious why so many of your pique fabrics are dry clean only. I have never encountered a pique knit with those instructions and I can't imagine wanting to own a cotton polo/shirt that can't be machine washed.

I don't like it either. Working on a better solution. But, for now anyways - the pique fabrics labeled dry-clean will shrink if washed/dryed.

cuponoodles

Reaction score
@Seph -- any reports of increased fit issues with folks?

I just ordered two shirts that are both completely unwearable (and saw this morning that one of the shirts appears to be actually sewn backwards), which is odd given I had a fit profile locked in that had held strong and was pretty much unchanged for my last 30 or so shirt orders.

This fit inconsistency also happened with a shirt earlier this year that took a few tries to get right and resulted in my fit profile being altered, which is the same fit profile I used for this order on the unwearable shirts.

When I reach out to customer service, they seem inclined to offer minute fit feedback on just that shirt, but don't have any broader support on the fit inconsistency. I just went through this earlier in the year and now am being asked once again to change my fit profile.

This is obviously not great, as it makes me not want to trust the process, creates a ton of waste on both our ends, and makes me worried I'm going to get blacklisted, but I literally just want the shirt size I've always gotten, but that's seemingly becoming increasingly difficult to get.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads