• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Problem ordering from the Denimbar on-line

roguetheory

Reaction score
I've been trying to order a pair of Jeans from the Denimbar on-line, yet I'm getting a message saying "Order declined by fraud service"
confused.gif
It's rarther confusing, since all my details are valid.

I was wondering if anybody had a customer service number?
The only numbers on the site are for two different stores and I read that the real locations are a seperate entity from the on-line store.

Any help would be appriciated!
worship.gif

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roguetheory
I've been trying to order a pair of Jeans from the Denimbar on-line, yet I'm getting a message saying "Order declined by fraud service"
confused.gif
It's rarther confusing, since all my details are valid. I was wondering if anybody had a customer service number? The only numbers on the site are for two different stores and I read that the real locations are a seperate entity from the on-line store. Any help would be appriciated!
worship.gif

did you look at the website? they're there, right below the store locations. http://www.denimbaronline.com/locations/

roguetheory

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NoVaguy
did you look at the website? they're there, right below the store locations.
http://www.denimbaronline.com/locations/

Yes, but I read the follwing:

Can I return my purchase to a store?
The Denim Bar Online is independent from The Denim Bars retail stores. Returns/Exchanges for The Denim Bar Online will not be honored by The Denim Bar and vice versa. Promotions, discounts, sales and price adjustments offered by The Denim Bar Online will not be honored by The Denim Bar and vice versa.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you buy something from the store, you can return it to the Denim Bar store. They might have the same price as they do online in the store. Call the store or call their website customer service before posting a thread here.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by roguetheory
Yes, but I read the follwing:

yeah, but if you call them, maybe you can do the order over the phone. rather than having this pointless conversation on the internet.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are some problems with the Denim Bar checkout, and if you encounter them, I strongly suggest that you phone the store and explain your situation (calmly and succinctly, of course.)

I've never understood why people post these kinds of problems on the internet. Nothing is going to get done - even if Mauro or one of his guys sees this, they are not going to match a screen name to a real name. Even more stupid is quoting the small print of a website. Website owners have to put all sorts of caveats and conditions on their websites for legal reasons, but have the freedom to be flexible if they so choose. So, the answer is clear. Reach out and touch someone.

And even if you are international, it doesn't cost that much to make a phone call. Use a calling card if you must.

Mrs. Savage

Reaction score
You should also call your credit card company as well. I have had my card company put a hold on my card for possible fraudulent charges because I was ordering internationally or online. You just need to call in and tell them that you are making the purchase.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
thank you Shoreman and FOK

Dude just call 1.888.986.5260 and the problem will be resolved .
Again we have filters up and it does effect international clients I do apologize but we HAVE to take these procautions.
Happy Holidays,
MAuro

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hell, it's affecting me and i'm in texas. i really hope it doesn't charge every time you click it because i clicked a few times before i found this thread.

grundletaint

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's still lousy that it happens and there's no warning that it will go on your card anyways and that doing it again is a bad idea. i used a debit card and now my checking account is short $600.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
grundle--- sorry about that it is way out of my hands you want to know everything about demin call me . you want to know about computers call the geek squad. I dont do this on purpose. It is a glitch in the system. You can thank the hundreds of peoplethat try to pull one over on me. I have to protect my business.
Fianaly after your charge does come up "fraud" why keep hittimg the same button over and ove????? Your money never nor WILL NEVER make it to us.
Your money is floating in space collecting interst by your bank with whom you trust. Your money will be put back on your card when "YOUR BANK " feels its ok.
Mauro

Manic

Reaction score
I have built quite a few commerce sites so I totally understand the need to protect yourself from fraud. However, if all international cards are doing this, why are you still accepting international orders on the website?

Perhaps a quick note that international orders must call in would work. Or a note explaining that if the fraud service flags the card, the customer should not reattempt and phone in instead.

It is very common for users to make several attempts if the card is denied. People know they are using a good card, so they will often re-enter the information in case there were errors and try again.

What I'm finding odd is that your checkout is auth'ing the funds and then nixing the purchase due to possible fraud. Most merchant plugins will allow to check the legitimacy of the card before attempting to authorize and allocate the funds. It's done like that to avoid this problem.

I'd have a talk with your web guy about that. He may have something a little backwards.

That being said... Once my card releases the $400 that is in limbo, I will phone in for my order.

M

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads