• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Prada Dress Sneakers?

FPMBAT

Reaction score
So after trying to walk around the city in Ferragamo driving shoes and Edward Greens I have realized that I need a dressy sneaker that I can wear with Chino's and Polos or Dress shirt/Sport Jacket. The only sneakers I have now are Nike Air Force Ones and New Balance Running Shoes.

My wife loves Prada sneakers for me, but at $300-400 I can't see it.

What brands look like Prada sneakers but are more reasonably priced- $200 or preferably less.

Also where do you recommend to buy them?

Thanks

Rosecity

Reaction score
What size shoes are you? I have some prada sneakers I bought like 3 years ago. They go great with dress shirts, or any dress pants. They are in pretty good condition too.

Prada makes probably the most durable shoes I have ever bought. Well worth the price.

FPMBAT

Reaction score
Thank you. Those Paul Smith ones are pretty cool- I will def. check them out- but I would still like something a little more casual like a dressy sneaker also.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does something like this come close ?

dd3.png

57408417.png

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol wtf, the guy said sneakers and you guys are posting leather shoes?

FWIW, I think that Italian high-branded sneakers are perhaps the silliest thing ever, but to each his own.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have several pairs of Prada sneakers and they are both good looking and comfortable. While Prada is my no.1 sneaker choice, they are admittedly pricey! I was also going to suggest Paul Smith but checking the website link provided by the earlier poster, I do see some sneakers at your approx 200 or below target price but I can't really see anything very attractive. I own 2 pairs of handsomely cool PS sneakers myself and I think you will find a wider choice in the PS stores than online.

clockwise

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
Italian high-branded sneakers are perhaps the silliest thing ever, but to each his own.

Thanks. My Italian high-branded sneakers always bring a smile to my face. Some will stroll through a casual day in Ecco, some in Prada. It's just a small choice of difference in style.

*Tee*

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MetroStyles
lol wtf, the guy said sneakers and you guys are posting leather shoes?

Those ARE sneakers ( no heel, treaded sneaker sole... ). Dressy sneakers, to be exact. That's what he asked for. Similar pairs, in the manner of the above Officine Creative model, are made by Burberry, Boss Black, HUGO, Dries Van Noten and some others and are always listed as sneakers/casual shoes...

Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Never seen that brand before, seems in the NDC way. More info?

http://www.officinecreativeitalia.com/

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by *Tee*
Those ARE sneakers ( no heel, treaded sneaker sole... ). Dressy sneakers, to be exact. That's what he asked for. Similar pairs, in the manner of the above Officine Creative model, are made by Burberry, Boss Black, HUGO, Dries Van Noten and some others and are always listed as sneakers/casual shoes...

http://www.officinecreativeitalia.com/

Damned useless site takes forever to load so i nuked it from my browser. No sale.
Someone tell those fresh-out-of-school-know-it-all-pimply-faced site admins to lose the flash intros already.
I am an important man dammit, and I don't have time to waste.
ffffuuuu.gif
teacha.gif

FPMBAT

Reaction score
Thank you clockwise, I have not yet seen anything that fits what I am looking for like the Prada sneakers I just feel that they are very overpriced for a sneaker.

Does Puma/Nike/Addidas make anything similar? What about the other designers?

I understand the tech definition of a sneaker might be those dress shoes posted- but I am really more looking for dress sneakers. Thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads