• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thought I'd grab my first pair of Allen Edmonds shoes while down in L.A. this weekend...

dougc33

Reaction score
I'm working on it! lol. Still not comfortable with buying used shoes. Something about putting my foot where someone else once sweat is not my ideal. I'm sure I'll get there eventually, though. The savings are insane.
So your feet sweat through your socks and soak the insides of your shoes? Might want to have that checked out...;)

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
So your feet sweat through your socks and soak the insides of your shoes? Might want to have that checked out...;)
I'm not sure if you're kidding, but if so, boy do I have news for you.

Some folks have hyperhidrosis. Some wear shoes without socks in the summer. Others simply sweat a minimal-to-normal amount, yet this sweat is nevertheless accumulated in the insole over time.

I guarantee your shoes have some sweat in them. 😉

?

JFWR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any idea when, how much, etc?

March 31st, and it's going to be pretty much like they always do: lots of shoes on sale for about 200-240 dollars.

Everything is 20% off sitewide right now including factory seconds, sooo....

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
March 31st, and it's going to be pretty much like they always do: lots of shoes on sale for about 200-240 dollars.

I thought the 20% was only applicable to Factory Seconds.

marioccontreras

Reaction score

Now, and for a few more days, it's 40%

Veremund

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thankfully, I haven't gotten them out of the box, but I'm realizing that I made a mistake in getting the "Dress Sneaker." I'm looking to swap it out for either something in suede (for those more casual looks) or something in Bordeaux (to wear to the office on occasion). I am thinking the latter, but undecided as of yet. Any ideas or suggestions?

Yes, the “dress sneakers” are definitely a mistake. They’re neither fish nor fowl. Get another pair of dress shoes.

And don’t return all the shoes just to wait for an internet sale. You paid a little bit more for the service of having a salesman fit you correctly and try different sizes, as well as having the opportunity to see the shoes in the flesh before buying. It would be a slap in the face to return all the shoes now.

By all means, now that you’ve had the experience and gotten your fit dialed in, be sure to make all future purchases online at sale prices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads