• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Posting same topic here and on AAAC forums??

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jeff Naylor
You know, I don't think so. Those are terms that Cruiser takes extreme exception to, and for whatever reason he has become a favorite son over there. As I recall, it was a particularly petulant fit by Cruiser that was behind the banning of those terms.

I think it was just Alex getting tired of the acrimonious debate when he made a comment saying the next time someone used the term, there would be dire consequences, or something like that. So when the debate was reignited, he had to do something and just banned the word in what was a rather silly (and somewhat pointless) gesture.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Film Noir Buff
If I remember my own experiences, the mindset was more reminiscent of a red counter revolution with imagined crimes and forced apologies or confessions.

Don't you already have your own forum where you can whine about these things with impunity?

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Orsini
I hope this was done to neutralize what they felt had become a divisive issue rather than to play favorites.

Originally Posted by Jeff Naylor
You know, I don't think so. Those are terms that Cruiser takes extreme exception to, and for whatever reason he has become a favorite son over there. As I recall, it was a particularly petulant fit by Cruiser that was behind the banning of those terms.

This was done waaay before I was a moderator, but I should clarify that Orsini's speculation about divisiveness is correct. If people go back and read that acot (ascott?) thread linked previously in its entirety, they'll see there were a great many members who were very upset about the tenor generated by those words (I sort of was one, but in a minor way). And that thread is far from the only one that caused such problems, again involving a number of members on both sides. I can't imagine banning those words is effective, but that was the reason.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
If I remember my own experiences, the mindset was more reminiscent of a red counter revolution with imagined crimes and forced apologies or confessions.

Richness upon richness upon richness. This is like a triple layer chocolate mousse cake with chocolate sauce and sprinkles and three scoops of ice cream.

Have you ever moderated your own site? That is, apart from "disappearing" those who commit acts of lese majesty against His Lapiness?

That said, one might think that after 2.5 years of bitching -- indeed founding an entire site just to ***** about your banning from another site -- you'd be over it by now. One would, evidently, be wrong.

No one Expects the Sartorial Inquision! And they're still after you! Run! You're late, very late!

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Kabbaz takes military service very seriously when choosing favorites and moderation techniques.

And right-wing politics. Notice how much slack Kabbaz cut the madman when he was attacking you on his blogsite.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
This is like a triple layer chocolate moose cake
"I can really taste the goat."

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
"I can really taste the goat."

Eh, getting the point across is more importatn than spelling.

Once when I was five or so my parents took me to a fancy frog restaurant and I ordered chocolate mousse for desert, expecting something like a chocolate easter bunny, only shaped like a moose. When it came, I was outraged.

Film Noir Buff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Don't you already have your own forum where you can whine about these things with impunity?

Well yes, but I enjoy it so much that i like to also whine with reckless abandon here, with you.
smile.gif

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Once when I was five or so my parents took me to a fancy frog restaurant and I ordered chocolate mousse for desert, expecting something like a chocolate easter bunny, only shaped like a moose. When it came, I was outraged.

I hope you never ordered Spotted Dick or Toad in the Hole when you were little.

J-Lib, are you a lefty? I never knew...

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
I hope you never ordered Spotted Dick or Toad in the Hole when you were little.

Only became aware of the former by reading Patrick O'Brien. Still don't know what the latter is.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
So what does the AAAC braintrust think of what they have learned from this thread?

If I'm part of your audience (and I honestly don't know), I don't consider myself a party of any braintrust. In case I am:

I've been reading this thread carefully and thoughtfully, making mental notes about topics (not about who said what). I'm also not going to comment directly about AAAC, and I'll briefly explain why. First, it's not because I take what's been said in this thread personally -- I don't, as I've only been a mod for, I think, about eight weeks, and events/states/mindsets/etc discussed here have been going on for a long time. Second, it's not because I'm afraid of any retaliation*, though undoubtedly the conspiracy theorists will believe otherwise. Hell, if I were banned from AAAC (or SF, for that matter), my life would go on. And third, it's not because I'm afraid of stirring any pots, as people who've been around these parts for the last few years know.

It's that no matter what I write, and no matter how I write it, it will be twisted and misconstrued. Probably not by a large number, but large enough. I don't know who would do it or why, but it would happen. I know these boards at least that well.

Now, just the fact that I'm directly refusing to comment is going to draw criticism, but I'm hoping it will draw less than if I had remained silent, as it would have looked like I ignored the question. And I respect dopey too much to ignore him.

*However, don't assume I was going to bash AAAC; I do still participate there, you know.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well yes, but I enjoy it so much that i like to also whine with reckless abandon here, with you.
smile.gif

Well that makes one of you. This thread is for bitching about the cruiserification of AA. If I want to know more about the "persecution" of FNB at the hands of the malindae, I know where to go.

Teacher

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only became aware of the former by reading Patrick O'Brien. Still don't know what the latter is.

It's British (only they would have a name like that), consisting of sausages in some kind of pastry. It's a hearty, heavy, working-class-dinner affair, sort of the British version of hot dish.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads