• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polo shell cordovan shoes

FCS

Reaction score
http://www.polo.com/product....=family Anyone here other than Mike C. has them? I'm wondering about your experience with the fitting; I usually take 10.5E or otherwise 11D if there is not 10.5 wide. Nonetheless I was told by Mike C. that the last is slightly larger and wondering if 10.5D might accomodate instead of 11D. My right foot is slightly shorter than my left's so an 11D sometimes cause slight heel slippage on my right foot. Also, are they made by C&J? If so, are they of handgrade quality? Many thanks for any info.

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are actually cordovan... The labeling on them is wrong, as they are really called the Marlow Cordovan Blucher. They happen to be a steal if you buy them now and include the extra 30% off with the NOVEMBER code.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are actually cordovan... The labeling on them is wrong, as they are really called the Marlow Cordovan Blucher. They happen to be a steal if you buy them now and include the extra 30% off with the NOVEMBER code.
Are these also cordovan then? I wouldn't want to buy something thinking it was cordovan only to find that is was properly advertised as calfskin http://www.polo.com/product....=family

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll call/email to confirm... given that they say calfskin in the description, it might be that they're using "cordovan" in the color sense, not the horsehide sense....

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought two pairs this morning.

The polo.com people said that they are definitely calf (the guy had the shoe in front of him.) But I called the flagship store in New York and they said they were cordovan. So, I took quite a gamble (I only wanted them if they were cordovan), and we'll see what happens.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It isn't too much of a gamble, since it looks like polo.com is offering free shipping this time around... So if you have to return them, it appears that all you'll lose is a little bit of time and whatever they charge for returns....

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
returns are only for store credit though...

we shall see

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll call/email to confirm... given that they say calfskin in the description, it might be that they're using "cordovan" in the color sense, not the horsehide sense....
Just received email response.

Dear xxxx,

Thank you for your email. The Darlton Wingtip Shoe is made from calfskin. The description is correct.

If you have any further questions please feel free to email us or call 1-888-475-7674. Our Customer Support Representatives will be more than happy to assist you 7 days a week, from 9:00 am to 12 midnight Eastern Time, Monday through Friday, and 11:00 am to 11:00 pm Eastern Time, Saturday and Sunday.

Thank you for your interest in Polo Ralph Lauren.

Sincerely,

Customer Support Representative
Polo.com

So, I think I'm going to try to cancel my order. Shame...
It's still a great price, but I just don't need another pair of calf shoes.

NoVaguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, once you get them, let me know what they are. if they are indeed shell cordovan, i might get the polo wingtip and put my AE macneils burgundy shell cordovans up for sale on ebay. i never wear it since it i'm no longer enamored with the long wing style and it was really too big when i got it the first time (it is a 10.5E, and I really should have gotten the D).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads