• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Places and influences on your buying decisions

godless

Reaction score
Hi there, it's always me, the italian guy preparing the bahelor's degree thesis....the teacher now would like me to understand what You are influenced by and where do You usually buy to compare the results with the italian ways of buying clothes, so, please, i need to know from you two more things, thus: where do You usually buy clothes: Independent store Great organized distribution (i.e. Saks and so on) Online Or any other kind of shop You buy at. And finally, what does influence your decision making in buying clothes: Advertising on magazines Advertising on Tv Advertising on newspapers Friends who suggest You a brand Or specify what does influence Your decision making in buying a product. Thanks in advance to everyone who will reply... Best regards to anyone, and happy new year
wink.gif

Alexander Kabbaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does your member name make you proud? Would you waste your time answering someone who posted under the name of CoolIfYou'reChristian, MustBeMuslim, or JoyIsJudaic?

I certainly won't.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say the thing that most influences me to BUY something at a store (which takes a lot these days, as ebay has almost EVERYTHING for me.):

+ very high quality high-end ties, trousers, and suits (although I don't buy suits at stores anymore, it still influences me that the store knows quality). I buy at least a tie every time I travel to another city, and might be talked into a new pair of Zanella trousers to pair with X sportcoat in my wardrobe.

+ a close second is arrangement and presentation-- if the store looks crammed or poorly put together, it's no fun to pick something out.

+ knowledgeable staff-- if a salesperson can discuss 'clocking' on socks, finer points of stitching/ buttonholes, etc. I'm likely to buy from him. I NEVER buy from women, unless it's jeans, t-shirts, or small leathergoods like belts.

godless

Reaction score
Does your member name make you proud? Would you waste your time answering someone who posted under the name of CoolIfYou'reChristian, MustBeMuslim, or JoyIsJudaic? I certainly won't.
take it easy man, it's just a nick, i'm christian, and i respect all other religions...sorry if You got offended by my name, it wasn't my intention
wink.gif
Btw, i need replyes not things like this... I will thank You if You will reply my questions, as the others usually do. I need all of You for my bachelor's degree thesis...and i will be very grateful to You all for Your replyes. Regards Gianpiero

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads