• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pitti Uomo 105 - the pictures, the styles

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

😄 that would be accurate for noobs.
Seasoned veterans no longer have to state they love suits or that they are better than everybody else.. but more importantly pros will spot a negroni from a mile away!

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
😄 that would be accurate for noobs.
Seasoned veterans no longer have to state they love suits or that they are better than everybody else.. but more importantly pros will spot a negroni from a mile away!
I find the Negroni group think more strange than anything all these good folks wear. Like, the Negroni is a perfectly fine drink and all, but I don’t understand its almost anthem-like ubiquity amongst the menswear crowd. Oh well…

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find the Negroni group think more strange than anything all these good folks wear. Like, the Negroni is a perfectly fine drink and all, but I don’t understand its almost anthem-like ubiquity amongst the menswear crowd. Oh well…
Me either. They are fine but not something I usually order.

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I’ll trade it for a Coke any day, but nevertheless.. it somehow became a ‘thing’.

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Well this guy has done quite the job promoting them. (BTW, Matt, thank you for the negronis, you throw one hell of a great party)

Attachments

• IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

ppk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the record, I loved Negronis before I got into #menswear. Yes, I drank Negronis while wearing slim Gap jeans with a too-short and tight fitting sport coat.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well this guy has done quite the job promoting them. (BTW, Matt, thank you for the negronis, you throw one hell of a great party)
Yes. I’m well aware…seen many a “how-to-make-the-perfect-Negroni vids via IG…

It’s all good, just a bit of a homogenous clamor…

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Me either. They are fine but not something I usually order.
Negronis for all at the next DC meetup??

It is not my favorite drink either, but pretty sure if I were at Pitti, I'd have a Negroni or two, although I prefer them when the weather is warmer

I’ll trade it for a Coke any day, but nevertheless.. it somehow became a ‘thing’.
It is definitely a "thing".
Like it or not, its the unofficial "official" Drink of Menswear (and Pitti)....

He can definitely take credit for marketing/creating the view that Menswear=Pitti=Negornis

Then there's this:

Keyser_Söze

Reaction score
Even Kirby fking Allison is obsessed with Negroni. So it doesn't surprise me it's some sort of #menswear thing at all. 🥱

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I used to drink, I'd order a gin martini or a St. Charles Punch if it was on the menu.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellerodrigue