• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Photos of my Tom Ford RTW Suit

scruff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
I wasn't really assessing for fit. Mainly, I like the high contrast between jacket and pants. The lapels are nice, too. But I think you'd have to be a stick to make the clothes look like this.

A good friend was the lighting assistant on this shoot. I think it was at Milk Studios. The model had a 27" waist.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kuro
I have a RTW jacket that after wearing for a few months I brought back to the store to have altered...the store's tailor told me "I saw that when you bought the jacket, but you didn't say anything so I didn't." WTF???

I've noticed that department store tailors almost always err on the side of offering too little input than too much input. The last thing they want to do is make an adjustment at their recommendation that you end up not liking, even if they know it should be done. The other thing you have to keep in mind is that they see a lot of people in there who not only don't care if the suits fit propoerly, they actually don't want them to fit properly. Look at KitonBrioni, every time he buys a jacket some tailor is shortening the sleeves without saying **** about how the rest of the thing is 3 sizes too big and looks ridiculous.

My experience is that once I've explained to them what I want to see that I'm not seeing and they understand that I actually want to prefect the fit, they are very enthusiastic to work to that goal. That said, I am not buying any OTR suit from a department store that isn't already 95% there on fit and only needs very minor adjustments.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
Get them to try to fix it the thing and if they can't and aren't willing to give you a refund...Sell the thing on the forum or on ebay.

I disagree. If the store sinks more money into fixing it, they will be even more reluctant to not take it back if the OP isn't ultimately satisfied. On the other hand, there is no downside to getting his money back now and starting anew (whether with Tom Ford, or somewhere else).

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scruff
A good friend was the lighting assistant on this shoot. I think it was at Milk Studios. The model had a 27" waist.

omg, eat.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree. If the store sinks more money into fixing it, they will be even more reluctant to not take it back if the OP isn't ultimately satisfied. On the other hand, there is no downside to getting his money back now and starting anew (whether with Tom Ford, or somewhere else).

Do what PSguy said, reverse the transaction on your credit card, works every time.

holymadness

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're in NYC? Don't boutiques close pretty soon? Shouldn't you be at the store haranguing them?

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by randallr
Do what PSguy said, reverse the transaction on your credit card, works every time.

I don't know if you're being serious, but I'd only do that as a last resort. There's no need to sour relations with the store if things can be handled upfront and amicably.

randallr

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you're being serious, but I'd only do that as a last resort. There's no need to sour relations with the store if things can be handled upfront and amicably.

Well, I'm just saying if it comes to that. I wouldn't do that as my first plan of action.

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some photos of Tom Ford suits:

galleryenlargedspl63604pq1.jpg

811_gallery_enlarged_spl63604_023.jpg

QuantumofSolace02.jpg

QuantumofSolace.jpg

Kuro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AvariceBespoke
Some photos of Tom Ford suits:

QuantumofSolace.jpg

yeah maybe if you show up there with a machine gun they will do you right..
tounge.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
^^^ Right, but what is it that you like about them? If you want to look just like Daniel Craig, or just like that other dude, it will never happen--even if Tom Ford were to personally handle your order. You are not looking at a 'Tom Ford suit', but 'some dude wearing a Tom Ford suit'.

sartort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B,

Sorry to see that you had such an underwhelming experience, esp. given the money involved.

It is timely that you posted pics of celebs in TF. One thing I have noticed is that no one outside of the models in TF campaigns or TF himself quite achieves the TF look.

More importantly as a spectator, I am interested in how TF responds and how this is ultimately resolved. Are you going back to the boutique today?

AvariceBespoke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^ Right, but what is it that you like about them? If you want to look just like Daniel Craig, or just like that other dude, it will never happen--even if Tom Ford were to personally handle your order. You are not looking at a 'Tom Ford suit', but 'some dude wearing a Tom Ford suit'.

i just refer to the shoulders and angle/shape of body & coat along with the flared skirt on craigs

thats all

Soph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Maybe custom Gene therapy by master geneticist Mario Rubindna.

I think he likes the more aggressive and stylish TF silhouette. I'd say go to a custom tailor with your TF suit and say make me a suit similar to this design that fits me. Consider your TF a learning experience and I think you can achieve a similar look to these two examples. Problem solved with better quality than Zegna.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics