• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Perfect White Shirt.......

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Testa does an incredibly rich thick twill white cotton fabric which I had made up into a shirt. Fantastic.

casanova

Reaction score
Alain Figaret make a very nice white shirt indeed. Don't know if they're available in the US though...

johnapril

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pocketsquareguy
I love white shirts. I think nothing looks better with a pair of jeans. Because of my affection for them, I am always on the lookout for a new one that reflects current trends. After years of full cut oxford cloth button downs and many nice larger spread collar Borrelli a few Charvets and others at all price points, I am wondering what the SF has to recommend for an interesting new white shirt (that is not super trim, like Band of Outsiders). Any suggestions?

A trip to the wall of white at Charvet, and have a bunch made to measure.

StylenotFashion

Reaction score
I too am a big fan of a fresh clean crisp white shirt with jeans. I look for some type of extra detail... I had a Borrelli made. It's a Sea Island White Oxford Button-Down with a Double Button Throat, a chest pocket, and a single barrel cuff.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dave
My current favorite is the one I'm wearing right now, it's my BB Black Fleece oxford. It'll be great for winter since the cloth is quite heavy. My favorite part is that the damn thing doesn't really wrinkle. It looks pressed right now in fact.

The standard BB oxford in the slim fit used to be my favorite but it's not quite up to the level of the new black fleece ones. (I have already purchased 3 of them if that tells you anything.)

I also like the white BB BF OCBD. It is a nice hefty fabric and actually looks good worn without ironing. Although I have the shirt in white, blue, and a stripe, the sleeves on the BB2 and BB3 are not long enough for me to wear it with a suit or odd jacket. So although I really like them, they're for casual wear only. Thus, I like the white BB slim fit OCBD for wear with a jacket because I can order it with the exact sleeve length that I need.

The_Foxx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
I am a big fan of royal oxford fabrics from Kiton and Borrelli. I have a white one from Borrelli in cocktail cuffs.

Just rec'd my new Kiton shirt, which I'd describe as a royal oxford cotton in brilliant white. I had the sides tailored / taken in a half inch on each side, sleeves altered to fit me. It looks fantastic! I'll have to post a photo when I wear it this or next week for work with a tie.

yfyf

Affiliate vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Originally Posted by casanova
Alain Figaret make a very nice white shirt indeed. Don't know if they're available in the US though...

What do you like about them? I happened to try one on briefly last weekend since they were on sale. I wanted a white shirt but I didn't notice anything that caught my eye at the time.

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Do most of you tuck in with the white shirt/jeans combo? It sounds like most of the white shirts you mention are cut for tucking. I'd personally be interested in a white very slim untuckable shirt that is cut far higher in terms of length. Something along the line of what Patrizio Pepe makes (which I can't find online, though have seen forum members here wearing).

Hummingbird

Reaction score
Untucked can be such a horrible look. The standard fare here in Austin for the downtown college age bar hopping guys is the untucked shirt with jeans look. I have grown to deeply hate it. The shirts are usually ill fitting from mundane companies, and even when fitted are often too long. I think that tucking in a fitted non-blousy shirt is by far the preferable idea.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads