• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

People who grab you by your clothing

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
My coworker just grabbed me by my cashmere sweater and was trying to pull me upstairs, I almost gave her a good 1-2. There used to be a little 3rd grader who would always run up to me and hug me and I couldn't pry him off, the last time he grabbed my rolled lapel with his fist as hard as he could and was wrinkling it, I shook him like a salt shaker. Anybody else get riled up when people get needlessly rough with the threads, or am I a sociopath?

ctrlaltelite

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm pretty sure you're not alone, i got really pissed off at a friend who grabbed me by the hood of a b. son hoodie, and stretched it a little.

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
yeah it's a pet peeve but what are you going to do. it's life, and there are coworkers, and kids, and family, and friends that will do this. call it love patina, or love tug/pull, or love whatevers. give them a break. your clothes arent that important you have to shake the kid like a saltshaker. whatever that means, i hope it wasnt violent.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't like when people do it, especially to sweaters or t-shirts. I generally shove them or punch them if they do, especially if they are friends.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
I too abuse small children for touching clothing

meanwhile, back in the real world, when my little brother spilled red paint all over my rag & bone shorts, I laughed, sent them to the cleaners, and went on with my life.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So is this the real reason behind buying those somets? There isn't enough fabric for a child to get their hands around.
rimshot.gif

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't really mind it. Although, this old lady tried to cut off the four white stitches on one of my Margiela sweaters, and I had to lay the smack down on her arthritic ass.

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
I like to keep a two foot bubble around me in all directions, an area I like to call the "me zone". woe befall those who violate said zone, for as a 4th degree black belt, my fists travel so fast they break the sound barrier, sending out a shock wave that causes pregnant women in a 10 mile radius to feel premature contractions

let me just say riding on planes is an interesting experience (especially for the hospitals in the area in which I'm traveling to)

dfagdfsh

Reaction score
the other night I was riding in the metro and some ************* had the moxy to try to set next to me, violating said 'me zone'. I wasted no time in punching her so hard that the anscestors of the sheep that produced the fabric of the merino sweater I was wearing (prada sport, $599) felt a gale force wind rip through the space time continuum, a wind so strong that it smashed through forests, unleashing a riptide of loose debris and water, giving birth to the legend of the great flood.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
I don't really mind it. Although, this old lady tried to cut off the four white stitches on one of my Margiela sweaters, and I had to lay the smack down on her arthritic ass.

same thing happened to me and my grandma with my Self Edge denim shirt.

i am the same way as most people.....don't touch me

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads