• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Overcoat - Green or Brown (Pics Incl.)?

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ET - love that design. I'll be doing something very similar next year with a W. Bill heavy camelhair. Between brown and green for that design I'd go with brown, but that's just me. If you think the green works well with your existing wardrobe (especially trousers) and you'd "want" to wear it a lot that could be a fun choice though.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I'm surprised by the # of people who voted for the green.

Nogginn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
ET: Funnily enough, I just got the same fabric from Andrew. For a coat of that design (beautiful btw) I would go for the dark brown.

Only dweebs and low level workers wear double breasted these days. Same with wing tip shoes. Don't believe me?
Go to any surburban commuter train station in an upscale area like Greenwich where I live and observe what the men are wearing. Double breasted and wing tips are for Podunkians
lol8[1].gif

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nogginn
Only dweebs and low level workers wear double breasted these days. Same with wing tip shoes. Don't believe me?
Go to any surburban commuter train station in an upscale area like Greenwich where I live and observe what the men are wearing. Double breasted and wing tips are for Podunkians
lol8[1].gif

So true. I'm pretty low-level so, happily enough, this works out well.
bigstar[1].gif

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lee_44106
Interesting design.

I'm currently awaiting an exact same overcoat. Mine will also have a half-belt in the back.

Classic polo, right? BB has one in camel hair I gotta get!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green. I think that fabric would be somber enough for business.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fantastic Mr Foxx
- The coat is made by Cantarelli. I have seen it IRL & it's even more beautiful.

Thanks - some great pics in that link.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads