1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Roguls, Jan 15, 2011.

1. susmoon

susmoon Member

I was impressed by the Core Pack, so I ordered the new Supermarine Bomber. A shame the Hood sold out before I made my decision. [​IMG] I'll try to give the jacket a writeup when it gets in. Excited to get further into this brand.

2. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

However unlikely, if anyone has a pair of LONG inseam Slim Dungarees in 33/Black you're looking to get rid of, lemme know.

3. velobran

velobran Senior member

Bought a pair of New Way shorts. I like the F Cloth fabric a lot. It doesn't look technical, almost like a tightly woven linen. They claim the 2 way stretch is all that's necessary on shorts compared to 4 way stretch. I like the feel of the 4 way stretch on my Three Ways better, but these are good enough. They are #doghaireverywhere approved though - some serious dog hair and lint attraction here.

4. wizzeak

wizzeak Senior member

I wish the new ways were just an inch or so longer.

5. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

How does the OG pants fabric compare to the futureworks fabric?

6. brooks23

brooks23 Senior member

Heavier, denser, more water repellent, four way stretch.

7. delluminatus

delluminatus Well-Known Member

I think the biggest difference is that the OG fabric is almost unbelievably stretchy. F-Cloth is still stretchy, but it behaves (and looks) more like normal pants, where it only stretches "so far".

8. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

Gotcha, thanks. I heard the Futureworks new run is super slim. Anyone notice this too?

9. melis

melis Active Member

In response to the pullover question- The pullovers are great layering pieces. The merino is very durable. I've had one for years and it still looks great.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  10. Leather

Leather Senior member

Same. Long femur problems...

11. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Senior member

So for the Slim Dungarees, how "slim" are they really?
    Does the two-way stretch help much (I've only ever tried the OG Cloth in the OG's and 3 ways longs, both of which I went 34, which is my regular size).
    Thinking of going for a 35 in the dungaress since the sizing chart says it has about an extra .5" in the thigh, but if the 2-way stretch is significant then I may go for a 34 there as well. Will probably go for the core pack actually.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I've got a core pack coming in a few sizes. I'll let you know. I use to have a size 35 in the slim dungaree. I was around 200lbs when I wore them and my thighs were huge but it was still sort of a roomy fit. I didn't think they were that slim.

13. OccultaVexillum

@Coldsnap thanks bru, what size did you get this time? Think I'd be better off sticking with the 34? I'm 205 rn but 6'2".

14. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I got a size 33 and 34, I'm 183lbs right now. Hmm size 34 might be a bit snug, but I heard you can size down in dungarees. That's what I'm trying with the 33. I'll post an update when they arrive Thursday.

15. OccultaVexillum

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. If I try and get a good fit in the waist then I should be going 32 or 33, but I know thigh wont work which is why I'm thinking 35, maybe 34. I'm hoping this fabric is easier to have tailored than the OG cloth.

16. caid-bp7

caid-bp7 Active Member

I size them the same as I did my OGs which was making sure the waist fit. I find the SD fit is super forgiving because of the gusseted crotch. I've got four pairs of SD now and if I wasn't so lazy I'd get rid of the rest of my Outlier pants.

17. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I feel like this run is slimmer than the last pair I had last year. Anyways the 33 was a bit too small, the 34s worked best for me. They have a 12" thigh would would be an absolute no go if it was denim, but the fabric and gusset helps. The fit sort of reminds me of the Uniqlo slim jeans that everyone liked, but a slightly bigger rise. They can be worn pretty darn slim because of the fabric, which is nice because I'm trying to get away from my usual baggy clothes but trying to keep the comfort levels at all time high.

I also got the climbers in 34, they are a bit too slim which is a shame though because these things are stretchy as hell. I could do a full squat workout in them easily and do stretches like the betzel in them. I'll have to keep my eye out on outlier and see if they make like a keirin cut in these, that would be awesome.

I got a size medium and large in the merino wool shirts, I think I will keep the medium. The large is a bit drapes on me a bit. I think the knit properties of the merino shirt looks better as a slim fit.

18. OccultaVexillum

Damn that's a shame, so it measures 12" but feels like what? 12.5"?
    I might be better going for 60/30s and having them tapered anyway since the guys at outlier told me the Dungaree's are pretty light, closer to the OG's than a regular cotton. I just hate the idea of spending $200 with full knowledge that I need to put more work into having them fit right.

19. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Senior member

I'd say more like 12.5-13", especially with the gusset. Yea that sucks. I wouldn't buy stuff that i need to have altered, what's the leg opening of the 60/30? My jeans usually have like a 9.5" leg opening which sort of stinks and I'm enjoying this much smaller leg opening in the slim dungs.

20. OccultaVexillum

Yeah like 7.5" is about as high as I go for hems now. I wish more people used some stretch fabrics though, Unis gios would be perfect with like 5% stretch.