• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

rxryan

Reaction score

that sucks, can you post some pictures? I almost got the black/black cause I needed a pullover but I had already an order being prepared so I decided to pass. are they going to exchange/refund it?

I haven't initiated a refund/return yet, but I suspect they will. They do have great CS as we all know and have worked with me through numerous shirt and pants returns trying to find the right fits for each item and/or iteration. I haven't had a response that concludes the ultrasuede rip just yet, which I find to be odd for them. We shall see. I feel like they think I caused it and am trying to pull one over on them.

Last edited:

brooks23

Reaction score
I have a WTB post up in the market, but figured I'd mention it here: I'm looking for the old Pivotal Bomber in grey or black (sz Large).

If you have one you're willing to part with, get at me.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
yeah, it's ******* insane. My girlfriend went away for the weekend and I didn't have much to do today so I've been answering comments for hours. Wasn't expecting the interest, also, there are fewer criticisms than I thought there would be.

Last edited:

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
Few snarky remarks from people who probably aren't familiar with techwear.

rxryan

Reaction score
Very cool, deadsunrise!

Tempted to do the same now as well. I just grabbed two pairs of the Arktos (both Super Bowl versions) and can't wait to try them out.

Again, thanks for doing that. Love reading that stuff for the insight it provides from numerous people. I may or may not have a project underway that will put those comments and opinions to good use...

SuEd

Reaction score
Tigerprawn, when are you going to post yours? I'm guessing it's a room full of clothes rather than a wardrobe
tongue.gif

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
Haha, you'd be surprised. I actually don't have that much clothing. Purged a couple of times

Last edited:

SuEd

Reaction score
Yeah? That makes it more interesting since you've many years experience

re: deadsunrise. Have you considered using a reproofing agent (e.g. nikwax, grangers etc) to get back the water resistance in your older Outlier pants?

Tigerprawn

Reaction score
I guess the Outlier nanosphere longevity varies... Mine last all the way through to the day I sold them. I always just washed them and dried medium and it felt like brand new.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
I air dry and iron to restore the water resitance, will put them in the drier the next time I wash them.

brooks23

Reaction score
I remember Abe saying at some point the Nanosphere was spec'd to last 25-30 wash cycles although that may be conservative.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads