• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

brooks23

Reaction score
I don't quite get the new pants. What niche are they supposed to occupy that the OGs or Dungarees don't already fill?

(although I totally would order them - just that the way the waistband is sized, the legs will end up being like 1.5-2" wider than all the other pants I have from 'em)

Looks like a slightly tech entry level pant for them. If you already have dungarees/6030s/OGs, there doesn't seem to be much point unless you just really want some black pants in a chino cut.

click here

Reaction score
Haven't really been following this brand. Was wondering do their pants ever go on sale? I'm interested in getting a pair for travelling.

Exdeath

Reaction score
Outlier NEVER does sales, unfortunately.

CPaul

Reaction score
I feel like they've had sales before but nothing crazy. In the 10% rangr

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I don't quite get the new pants. What niche are they supposed to occupy that the OGs or Dungarees don't already fill?

the "I want outlier pants but cant afford the expensive ones and need more than one style option on the cheaper ones to kopp" niche

and the "I want every single pant outlier puts out regardless if it serves a specific purpose in my wardrobe or not" niche

Haven't really been following this brand. Was wondering do their pants ever go on sale? I'm interested in getting a pair for travelling.

outlier only has occasional/random 5% or 10% discounts, otherwise theres been a couple sample sales with great deals, I was lucky and had a couple ogs proxied for around 125 ea shipped, iirc they were 100 at the sale

btw- nomads do go on sale, like twice a year they'll hit 30% off w/free shipping, got a couple from the last sale for around 135 a pop

Last edited:

rxryan

Reaction score
I got a pair bc I'm intrigued by having an even lighter weight pair of dungarees for summer evenings out.

And nomads can be snagged for <$100 on Huckberry occasionally. You have to act fast though to grab your size. I've been fortunate twice.

Newo

Reaction score

Outlier NEVER does sales, unfortunately. 

They've had a few % sales, like 10-12%, and often put individual items on sale. Most recently was a clearance out a bunch of items that they're phasing out, I think that sale still exists on keirins and cali pivots.

Exdeath

Reaction score
Quote:
My bad. I was going from an interview with Abe and Tyler where they said that generally their principle wasn't to discount their items because it just creates a race to the bottom.

Newo

Reaction score

Quote:
My bad. I was going from an interview with Abe and Tyler where they said that generally their principle wasn't to discount their items because it just creates a race to the bottom.
Zero harm done. I remember reading the same from Abe and I was a bit puzzled because I've personally shopped several times to take advantage of the sales. Not to mention the free international shipping days, which are basically 10-15% off final prices for a lot of folks.

click here

Reaction score
How come everytime I check the Outlier online store, most of the popular sizes are out of stock? Is this normal? I have tried asking them when they will restock but they won't even reply.

Wade

Reaction score
i dont think they carry a lot of inventory to begin with

false

Reaction score

Has anybody ever been to there Friday meet ups? and how are they? Im going to NY soon and might stop by. 

I'm not sure what you mean by meet up but yes, I've been there 2-3 times. Staff are super friendly and helpful + there's often a little bit more stock than whats listed on the website. Just copped slim dungarees, new OGs, and a pair of loosie 60/30's in a never released color at a massive discount. Also go some socks which, boring as socks may be, seem like they'll be awesome. Smartwool are good for hiking socks but their dress socks are crap.

Also, re. it is mentioned on the site but I did definitely noticed that 60/30's run a half size smaller than other pants. My usual size is too small while a size up was way to big. Thankfully I got a mismanufactured pair which run big and will be fine once I get them back from the tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads