• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Outlier Tailored Performance Clothing

brooks23

Reaction score
The 3 for $48 deal looked pretty tempting, but was wondering the same thing.

brooks23

Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation for a pant from outlier (or a similar company) with roomier cut thighs? Looking at their measurements and their models, look like most everything is catered to slimmer folks. I have a bulky bottom block with sizeable thighs and glutes (but relatively small waist), so pants are often a pain for me to fit unless I get them MTM.

That's almost exactly what the Keirin Cut dungarees are for. You may be able to find some 60/30 Loosies second hand as well.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
Are the Outlier socks reasonably thick?

Not too thick, the top part for example is pretty thin but they are really really nice an comfortable. Each part of the sock is woven diferently. I have 4 pairs and plan on getting some more. Best socks I've tried, much better than other merino socks I have from icebreaker, smartwoo or injinjil. Maybe size up if you close to an L. Definitely worth it at that price.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a pant from outlier (or a similar company) with roomier cut thighs? Looking at their measurements and their models, look like most everything is catered to slimmer folks. I have a bulky bottom block with sizeable thighs and glutes (but relatively small waist), so pants are often a pain for me to fit unless I get them MTM.
http://shop.outlier.cc/shop/retail/keirin-cuts.html are dungarees with a wider thight, probably what you want. I think they haven't re-stocked them in a while, if they don't have your size ask them in twitter if they will get more soon.

Last edited:

kimchijajonshim

Reaction score
Have they ever made Keirin cuts for other pants? I was more interested in the OGs and the Nycos than the Dungarees.

Last edited:

US Grant

Reaction score

Have they ever made Keirin cuts for other pants? I was more interested in the OGs and the Nycos than the Dungarees.

they haven't made anything else in the Keirin cut other than the mis-cut 60/30 Loosies that are long gone. for what it's worth, i wear 28s in the keirins and am perfectly fine in 30s for the OGs, UL, Climbers, and shorts (i don' t know how this works but it does). i have what might be a similar build; skinny but have thighs- thanks to the only sports i played as a kid skiing/soccer/distance running.

the Keirins have NO stretch and won't stretch like you'd expect with denim. try on the OGs. at worst they don't fit but you get free returns.

velobran

Reaction score

they haven't made anything else in the Keirin cut other than the mis-cut 60/30 Loosies that are long gone. for what it's worth, i wear 28s in the keirins and am perfectly fine in 30s for the OGs, UL, Climbers, and shorts (i don' t know how this works but it does). i have what might be a similar build; skinny but have thighs- thanks to the only sports i played as a kid skiing/soccer/distance running.

the Keirins have NO stretch and won't stretch like you'd expect with denim. try on the OGs. at worst they don't fit but you get free returns.

No stretch whatsoever? Or just very little compared to the 60/30 and OG? The fabric is 82% Nylon, 16% Polyester, 2% Elastane, so it should have some extra movement. It also has the gusseted crotch, which helps with freedom of movement although not technically stretching.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
they do stretch a bit but not on the waistband because it's has non-stretch fabric on the inside. Maybe he means stretch permanently like denim were you should buy a smaller size?

US Grant

Reaction score
no, I really mean no stretch. given my sizing (narrow waist, athletic thighs) the Keirins fit me perfect in the 28 they way they are cut but as I mentioned, a 30 in the climbers/OGs/60-30s. I could wear those smaller in the waist but they are tight enough on my thighs that the pocket liner is very visible. I wear the Keirins 5x a week at least, mostly riding to work and the gusset crotch is key to their flexibility and not blowing out but it's definitely not stretching of the fabric. You might gain a 1/4 inch if you are really riding them like I do or moving all around but not if you are just walking around. As soon as you wash or dry them they'll be back to the same.

The difference is really the fabric, it's super burly- my pair are four years old or so and should be full of holes and scuff marks but they really look new- could wear a blazer and be fine with them. The nylon is Cordura, just a trademarked name of course, but that's what's used on luggage and backpacks. When I ride with my Climbers, the difference is significant, almost as if I'm wearing sweats/loose tights (in a good way!). That fabric moves with you. The Keirins/Slims fabric just doesn't stretch.

BWV988

Reaction score
Not too thick, the top part for example is pretty thin but they are really really nice an comfortable. Each part of the sock is woven diferently. I have 4 pairs and plan on getting some more. Best socks I've tried, much better than other merino socks I have from icebreaker, smartwoo or injinjil. Maybe size up if you close to an L. Definitely worth it at that price.

I'm a TTS 10.5, which would put me at the bottom end of L (size 10.5-12) according to Outlier's chart. However, I hate when socks are too big and loose, so I would ordinarily order a M (size 8-10 on the chart), allowing me to fill out the sock completely. Would that be a mistake with Outlier's socks?

rxryan

Reaction score
Anybody grab any of the ultrasuede items? I got the pullover as well as the shorts. I love the shorts and can already tell I will prefer wearing them over anything else while I am at home. I was equally excited about the pullover until this morning...

First time wearing it today and as soon as I get to work (hospital pharmacy so attire doesn't matter in case you were wondering ;)), I notice there are serration-like tears along one of the cuffs. WTF? I literally took it off it's smooth plastic hanger, pulled it over my head, slid into my jacket, and headed to work. I had not washed it or anything. Contacted Outlier, but they acted as if this was a shock. My main concern when I got it though was the thickness of the ultrasuede material. I can see how it's so light... it's incredibly thin and if you didn't know it was supposedly supposed to be tough, then I can see where most people would fear it would rip. Anyways, it sucks. I legit loved the pullover and they're all sold out of that colorway. Making matters worse is I finally sold my ripstop merino heavy shirt because I decided to purchase this pullover. Now, I will have neither.

Bleh.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
I'rm a 9 and could probably use an L without problems. I don't know if they stretch with use because mine are practically new (have used them for only 3-4 weeks) but sometimes they are a bit tight on the ankle/top band. Maybe einstine or someone else that have used them longer than me has a better idea on how they evolve but if I were you I would go TTS with an L.

rxryan

Reaction score
Quote:
I am a 10.5 and to be honest, Outlier's socks are my tightest fitting socks. They don't move when they're on so I wouldn't suspect size L to be too big even by your standards. My Darn Tough's and Smartwools are more loose.

deadsunrise

Reaction score
Anybody grab any of the ultrasuede items? I got the pullover as well as the shorts. I love the shorts and can already tell I will prefer wearing them over anything else while I am at home. I was equally excited about the pullover until this morning...

First time wearing it today and as soon as I get to work (hospital pharmacy so attire doesn't matter in case you were wondering
wink.gif
), I notice there are serration-like tears along one of the cuffs. WTF? I literally took it off it's smooth plastic hanger, pulled it over my head, slid into my jacket, and headed to work. I had not washed it or anything. Contacted Outlier, but they acted as if this was a shock. My main concern when I got it though was the thickness of the ultrasuede material. I can see how it's so light... it's incredibly thin and if you didn't know it was supposedly supposed to be tough, then I can see where most people would fear it would rip. Anyways, it sucks. I legit loved the pullover and they're all sold out of that colorway. Making matters worse is I finally sold my ripstop merino heavy shirt because I decided to purchase this pullover. Now, I will have neither.

Bleh.
that sucks, can you post some pictures? I almost got the black/black cause I needed a pullover but I had already an order being prepared so I decided to pass. are they going to exchange/refund it?

BWV988

Reaction score
I'rm a 9 and could probably use an L without problems. I don't know if they stretch with use because mine are practically new (have used them for only 3-4 weeks) but sometimes they are a bit tight on the ankle/top band. Maybe einstine or someone else that have used them longer than me has a better idea on how they evolve but if I were you I would go TTS with an L.

I am a 10.5 and to be honest, Outlier's socks are my tightest fitting socks. They don't move when they're on so I wouldn't suspect size L to be too big even by your standards. My Darn Tough's and Smartwools are more loose.

Thanks! L it is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads