• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Rithrin

Reaction score
Almost forgot this was the ongoing bespoke projects thread and never posted an update on the DB blazer from Tailors Keep. Fox Sport wool, FS12.

On the form vs on the person:
1641884977921.png
1641884963088.png

It's got some pretty curvy pockets that I'm loving.
1641885140353.png

Will be making some small adjustments, but should be ready to do the final fitting this week or next.

Aloysius16

Reaction score
Second button seems low on the blue so that could be throwing it off? At least in relation to the pocket it seems somewhat off.

agree. I like a low button stance and the one on the tobacco suit could be dropped by half an inch to some benefit, but the stance on the blue looks much too low (almost fastening around your hips). The blue coat also looks too long in the body (and the trousers less clean).

FlowableFill

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. In the future I think I'll split the difference on the jacket length between the two, have the button centered on the jacket, and have the trousers lengthened a little. The button stance on the blue one was my request. I preferred it originally but have come around to the higher stance.

Marshak

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. In the future I think I'll split the difference on the jacket length between the two, have the button centered on the jacket, and have the trousers lengthened a little. The button stance on the blue one was my request. I preferred it originally but have come around to the higher stance.

Honestly this lower button stance isn't shocking. Did you ask him to lower the lapels gorge on the blue one? It's more balanced than the linen I think. The shoulder's heads are a bit dramatic but it is just a question of preference. The work is quite good for a first bespoke order.

lordsuperb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot this was the ongoing bespoke projects thread and never posted an update on the DB blazer from Tailors Keep. Fox Sport wool, FS12.

View attachment 1735058 View attachment 1735057

View attachment 1735059

Will be making some small adjustments, but should be ready to do the final fitting this week or next.

The current buttoning point and lapel roll accentuates your hips. Can you ask to see how the lapel would look if it was rolled to the bottom button?

Rithrin

Reaction score
The current buttoning point and lapel roll accentuates your hips. Can you ask to see how the lapel would look if it was rolled to the bottom button?
Yeah, I can see how that looks. My issue is that in general when I have a lower button point, the upper part of the jacket feels too loose, so I had specifically set out to try to make a 6x2 work.

bdavro23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

View attachment 1735058 View attachment 1735057

View attachment 1735059

I would lower the buttoning point an inch. Theres a lot of visual weight at the bottom and it will make the jacket look a bit pear shaped.

Amidé

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just received this Tofani designed coat made of green Casentino fabric. The only change that we made from the original was to use leather buttons (only one on each sleeve) rather than horn.
View attachment 1737675
I already saw that ear-to-ear smile on Instagram ???

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics