• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

th0rbahn

Reaction score
new farinelli swag

BBlessing/Splendid Mills

iefclf.jpg

mellowfellow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^jo3b. yeah, its not the kind of shirts i would wear but i think the shirt is fine. Some brands like apc and acne have similar shirts like that with a relaxed and roomy cut.

choowy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
Man, we could have fun with PG esque lifestyle shots of Brisbane.

Wynnum Boyz.

For Life.

I don't think Wynnum Central cafe has the same pizazz as the one PG frequents
laugh.gif

Also, there is the ever-present risk of being bashed by ninth graders from Wynnum North State High.

DrPat

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JO3B
hi, this shirt seems to be a perfect sleeve length, sits just a TAD to low on the shoulder seams, and doesn't have anywhere near an overly billowy body. just because it does not fit like a band of outsider's shirt does not mean it does not fit. please keep this and just work on developing a style. wtf.
I agree. The shoulders and the sleeves look great. The chest and stomach are in no way tent-like. I would tuck it in since it is a little long. I am also skinny, especially in the shoulders. I've found that finding shirts with the correct shoulder/chest ratio is the key. For example, a Wings and Horns medium has 17in shoulders and a 41in chest, which fits great. But a Band of Outsiders medium has 18 - 18.5in shoulders and a 19.5in chest which is too big in the shoulders for me. Could you post another pic with the shirt tucked in, a v-neck or no undershirt, and shoes?

Meatwarz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 3style3forum3user3
i'm a college student, so i don't have the money to get each of my shirts tailored thanks dude, any brands you recommend?
I'am skinny too and have same problem of finding a good fitting shirt. I'd recommend looking for it in Zara, Topman and H&M, these are not expensive brands. Just my 5 cents.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
28vrbjr.jpg

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
victory

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hi, this shirt seems to be a perfect sleeve length, sits just a TAD to low on the shoulder seams, and doesn't have anywhere near an overly billowy body. just because it does not fit like a band of outsider's shirt does not mean it does not fit. please keep this and just work on developing a style. wtf.
Yeah I don't think there's an issue with the fit of the shirt, personally I don't really like the cut but tailoring it would be like hotting up a '79 Mazda 323, behind it all it's still crap. I really think the shoulders make it or break it, if the shoulder seams were sitting just right I bet the relaxed fit would come across as much more intentional than sloppy. Shoulder seams are also the only part of a shirt which you can't really alter (unless you're happy paying through the teeth and restructuring the whole shirt, it's more effort than its worth). An idea is to go out and try as many casual button downs as you can without buying anything and take photos in the change rooms of each fit (ala wmmk), or keep a mental note of what looks best to you, then by the end of it you can make an educated decision on buying your next shirt.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
nice neck beard ^^

3style3forum3user3

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
It's varies from person to person (how skinny you are, how much you're willing to pay, where you live, etc), so that's a incredibly difficult question to answer.

hi,

this shirt seems to be a perfect sleeve length, sits just a TAD to low on the shoulder seams, and doesn't have anywhere near an overly billowy body.

Originally Posted by DrPat
I agree. The shoulders and the sleeves look great. The chest and stomach are in no way tent-like. I would tuck it in since it is a little long.

Originally Posted by XenoX101
Yeah I don't think there's an issue with the fit of the shirt, personally I don't really like the cut but tailoring it would be like hotting up a '79 Mazda 323, behind it all it's still crap.

wow, thank you everyone for the feedback

adamha21

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Scouting out new places for WAYWT shots in my condo--then doing some grunt work. Boring and probably not worthy of a post, but its what I'm wearing so whatev. Rogues Gallery Tanner SExDBxS09 The Hill Side LL Bean
5nqhdi.jpg
ogm2d1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads