• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

laguna9

Reaction score
I'm getting married in June. The wedding will be in a posh hotel and the ceremony will be just outside on the grounds at 4pm.

I'm thinking of going to Savile Row to go suit shopping. I think I'd like a navy suit (peak lapel, single breast) possibly with a white shirt and waistcoat.

Two suits I currently own are a black tux (Boss / slim fit) and a blue suit (Boss / regular fit) (pictured below). I hadn't really considered either of these for my wedding but just wanted to get peoples thoughts about them..should either of these suits be considered?

t.png n.jpg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm getting married in June. The wedding will be in a posh hotel and the ceremony will be just outside on the grounds at 4pm.

I'm thinking of going to Savile Row to go suit shopping. I think I'd like a navy suit (peak lapel, single breast) possibly with a white shirt and waistcoat.

Two suits I currently own are a black tux (Boss / slim fit) and a blue suit (Boss / regular fit) (pictured below). I hadn't really considered either of these for my wedding but just wanted to get peoples thoughts about them..should either of these suits be considered?

View attachment 1098422 View attachment 1098423

Maybe the tux. Not the suit.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
But get a proper shirt.

And shorten the sleeves on the jacket. Looks long. It's def too long on the suit jacket. And iron the pants.

If you do consider the suit. lose the shades and tie bar. Also, search SF and find out how to tie a proper knot.

laguna9

Reaction score
And shorten the sleeves on the jacket. Looks long. It's def too long on the suit jacket. And iron the pants.

If you do consider the suit. lose the shades and tie bar. Also, search SF and find out how to tie a proper knot.

Thanks both. Appreciate the critical responses. I agree with you both about everything said.

I'm thinking about trying on a few new suits in London this week. Any recommendations for stores?
I heard good things about Suits Supply - reasonable prices too by the look of things e.g. under £1,000.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

lngn2

Reaction score

View attachment 1098422 View attachment 1098423
Are you thinking of going Bespoke on Savile Row? If so then worth looking up Jennie Adamson (ex Gieves & Hawkes), Antonia Ede (Montague Ede - ex Huntsman & Hardie Amies) or Victoria Townsend (ex Richard James). None of them are on the Row now but make sublime garments - I've had suits from Ant and Victoria and trousers from Jennie - and will be the right side of £4k. You'll find them all on Instagram (Victoria via her teaching guise - London Academy of Bespoke).

Substanceoverstyle

Reaction score
Hi,
As with many others circulating in this thread, I have an upcoming marriage this year, and its my very own! Of course one of the main things to look forward to is arranging the wedding suit (besides the marriage itself to be fair ;))

Now's here where it gets kinda complicated. I really dislike the idea of going standard navy / dark blue. I've always worn mainly warm colors in my wardrobe with both sportscoats and suits, and I'd like to do something similar here. Still, I don't want to stray to far off into informal territory, nor take too much away from the bride in terms of boldness in my suiting choice. The color I want to go for is a darker shade of brown. Probably something akin to chocolate. I'm going for a local tailor that offers both MTM and bespoke in English and Italian fabrics well known on styleforum, so no issues there.

My main source of inspiration is: , and . I am aiming at single breasted without a waistcoat. I am also thinking of adding some formality by wearing black shoes and a black silk tie (like in the first two images). The marriage is in the heat of summer by the way.

Now I'm positive I could pull the look off I have in mind in itself, I have a lot of confidence in the way I dress generally. The thing that makes me a bit more weary is the occasion, it being a lifetime event incomparable with work-wear or any other formal or social event. So I'm unsure how to proceed in terms of asking for feedback. Perhaps, experience and inspiration from other people that went for a more warmer color and something different from navy?

(edited one image away, dont want to take up too much space..)

culverwood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just make sure the trousers are long enough, that first photo looks bad. If you are going down the dark brown suit route I would suggest wearing very dark brown shoes, not black.

Last edited:

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi,
As with many others circulating in this thread, I have an upcoming marriage this year, and its my very own! Of course one of the main things to look forward to is arranging the wedding suit (besides the marriage itself to be fair ;))

Now's here where it gets kinda complicated. I really dislike the idea of going standard navy / dark blue. I've always worn mainly warm colors in my wardrobe with both sportscoats and suits, and I'd like to do something similar here. Still, I don't want to stray to far off into informal territory, nor take too much away from the bride in terms of boldness in my suiting choice. The color I want to go for is a darker shade of brown. Probably something akin to chocolate. I'm going for a local tailor that offers both MTM and bespoke in English and Italian fabrics well known on styleforum, so no issues there.

My main source of inspiration is: , and . I am aiming at single breasted without a waistcoat. I am also thinking of adding some formality by wearing black shoes and a black silk tie (like in the first two images). The marriage is in the heat of summer by the way.

Now I'm positive I could pull the look off I have in mind in itself, I have a lot of confidence in the way I dress generally. The thing that makes me a bit more weary is the occasion, it being a lifetime event incomparable with work-wear or any other formal or social event. So I'm unsure how to proceed in terms of asking for feedback. Perhaps, experience and inspiration from other people that went for a more warmer color and something different from navy?

Here's an example of what I wore. Only change was black Oxfords instead of these black tassel loafers.

I'll just say i obviously disagree with the above comment. I feel black shoes work well with a dark brown suit that's in a more clean cloth like Fresco. A very Dark Brown will definitely work as well but not your only choice.

30CB995B-A8F7-4BEC-90CB-AE1D5BAABCCB.jpeg

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hi,

That color suit is fine. Don't overthink this too much.

jtorres94

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are some photos from the wedding that i have on my phone just to add. Its definitely a unique color to wear to a wedding and it will draw attention for being different.

The reason for my brown suit was my now wife wanted me to wear something different than my typical Navy or Grey. Being a summer wedding I originally planned a cream almost buttery linen suit that I had. Ultimately she thought it was too casual being linen and i agreed. So since I always loved Brown suits that was my next choice. I'm happy with that decision and my only regret was not my suit but my haircut, haha.

B9594290-B98E-474C-8C13-CDD6A5B45014.jpeg
DBCED36F-14A5-46D9-AF0F-E38919790D8A.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads