• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Official Wedding Attire Question/Answer/Picture Thread

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
All I’m attending a wedding next month. Which of these shoes would be more appropriate for wedding? My suit is a dark navy/mid-night.
I’m leaning towards santonies. They’re lighter than my suit so I feel there is enough contrast. If not I’d probably go with ferragamo or maybe Prada’s. Let me know what you think.

Serious question is serious?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am asking if you are serious?

You are attending and wedding and asking if a pair of those shoes are more APPROPRIATE than the others?

Bro...wear whichever ones you like with your suit combo. This ain't rocket science!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This reminds me of when someone asked if there was a Styleforum appropriate/approved way to pack his suitcase before a trip! Come on now......MAKE A TACTICAL DECISION ON YOUR OWN!

Last edited:

ceriano

Reaction score
This reminds me of when someone asked if there was a Styleforum appropriate/approved way to pack his suitcase before a trip! Come on now......MAKE A TACTICAL DECISION ON YOUR OWN!
Why bother to respond if you don’t have anything to add? Obviously it was a serious question otherwise I wouldn’t take the time to take pictures and post it here!
It doesn’t matter now, no one can see my post no more.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why bother to respond if you don’t have anything to add? Obviously it was a serious question otherwise I wouldn’t take the time to take pictures and post it here!
It doesn’t matter now, no one can see my post no more.

It's a dumb question IMO!

If you own all those shoes, obviously you have worn them with various outfits and on different occasions. Are you telling me that you can not pick out an "appropriate" pair to wear to a wedding?

You don't mention the formality of the wedding. You don't mention how close you are to the couple. You don't mention if the wedding is during the day or evening. You don't mention anything outside of posting 4,239 pairs of shoes and asking which is "appropriate"!

Is this what dressing up for an occasion has come to? You need to ask on the internet what pair of shoes to wear with all of those options available?

WTF!

Faux Brummell

Reaction score
Buddy, he was posting a question about wedding attire in a wedding attire question-and-answer thread on a menswear forum. Knock it off.

It's a dumb question IMO!

If you own all those shoes, obviously you have worn them with various outfits and on different occasions. Are you telling me that you can not pick out an "appropriate" pair to wear to a wedding?

You don't mention the formality of the wedding. You don't mention how close you are to the couple. You don't mention if the wedding is during the day or evening. You don't mention anything outside of posting 4,239 pairs of shoes and asking which is "appropriate"!

Is this what dressing up for an occasion has come to? You need to ask on the internet what pair of shoes to wear with all of those options available?

WTF!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Buddy, he was posting a question about wedding attire in a wedding attire question-and-answer thread on a menswear forum. Knock it off.

Buddy.....

He owns 4,239 pairs of shoes that he posted and can't figure out which to wear?

It's not as if he is asking which of 2...or recs for a new pair..or any other info about the wedding.

(I am not your son/daughter. Get outta here with the knock it off BS.)

ceriano

Reaction score
Buddy.....

He owns 4,239 pairs of shoes that he posted and can't figure out which to wear?

It's not as if he is asking which of 2...or recs for a new pair..or any other info about the wedding.

(I am not your son/daughter. Get outta here with the knock it off BS.)
You’re good!

lngn2

Reaction score
I am getting married in October and will be wearing a grey flannel three piece (pic of the first fitting of the coat below - I am making the trousers and didn't have the baste done in time hence the white linen jobs). Planning on wearing a white shirt and black oxfords but am entirely stuck on ties - the waistcoast back is dark navy and the tie needs to work with the texture of the flannel. Any thoughts please?

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.