• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

a little less costly = free. he wants a free proxy. because he is a basic twat.

I think it's LOL that someone tried to make money out of being first on a website and got banned, Go Simonov!

This "community" is a marketplace, almost no one just helps out for free like a few yrs ago.Sucks.

Come to think of it I'm pretty sure I got a message a while ago going something like "psst, want some FASHUNZ, I got that Mr P, will give you a highlike you've never seen before!" Pretty creepy.

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
No I didn't.

There is a big difference. It's different if I had gone out of my way to contact the admins with the purpose of having him banned/getting him in trouble. I called him out on the thread just so people were aware. two different things. Maybe you've heard of the term "intent"?
The assumption should always be that you will be charged for a proxy, that's just how it is. So trying to make people "aware" isn't really needed.

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

The assumption should always be that you will be charged for a proxy, that's just how it is. So trying to make people "aware" isn't really needed.

It really depends on how it is presented, if the post is all casual and going, hey guys I can get you stuff from MrP because I have access, I'd interpret it as someone offering people he e-knows a favour. If someone makes a very formal post offering a proxy service I'll assume it is a business endeavour.

jsimonovis413

Reaction score
It really depends on how it is presented, if the post is all casual and going, hey guys I can get you stuff from MrP because I have access, I'd interpret it as someone offering people he e-knows a favour. If someone makes a very formal post offering a proxy service I'll assume it is a business endeavour.

How dare you say that? We are all here to take advantage of each other and make endless monies because that's what this forum is for, you twat.

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

This "community" is a marketplace, almost no one just helps out for free like a few yrs ago.Sucks.

absolutely true, and i guess it's a consequence of the direction the place has gone in as a e-content provider but what's the alternative ? without adapting and bringing in hoards of new members to help boost certain metrics, it would flounder into the dark abyss like so many other forum and be irrelevant in 2015. so i'd rather have this commercialized playground than nothing at all. so i'd like to thank fok et al for forward thinking

although i have totally lost motivation to share good finds because over 50% of the time it ends up being flipped for profit by some opportunistic hyenas so yeah that sucks. so as to not be totally irrelevant: farfetch has a free shipping promo through today and there's a yoox code for 20% off that goes until may can be used 3X though i'm not sure if linked to account or not...?

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Only thing I wanted was cart jacked. If somebody here picked up the Maggie Howell XL cashmere saddle sweater and it doesn't work out, I'll buy it off you.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a stack of New England Shirt Company spring and summer shirts through the UM sale. :slayer:

When I see Unionmade put up these relatively large sales (large as in quite a bit of merchandise), it always makes me wonder how much they actually sell at regular price?

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I see Unionmade put up these relatively large sales (large as in quite a bit of merchandise), it always makes me wonder how much they actually sell at regular price?

It's a lot of styles (because they buy a ton of different styles & brands) but not that much merchandise (one or two units for every thumbnail there). All this is from 2, 3 or 4 seasons ago - they're leftovers from past seasons that they're cleaning up themselves instead of pushing it to the liquidators who pay terrible prices and dilute the brands.

We are now in our 4th season and we will be doing something similar soon to liquidate random 1-2 sizes of various styles that are left over from past seasons.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads