• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

chupas

Reaction score
@sinnedk can you point me to the "baller boots that I dubiously nickel-and-dimed my credit card's pricing protection policy to afford" thread? Thx!

Last edited:

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

That's not how it works.

You buy an item, then it gets tracked for 90 days and of a cheaper one is found the credit card refunds you the difference. They don't take the money from the store or anything, idk how it works exactly.

Seriously, zero surprise that you did this a bunch last year.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
@sinnedk,

the whoosh is strong above your head ~_~;;

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@sinnedk,

the whoosh is strong above your head ~_~;;

It's not a whoosh, he is trying to insult me for some reason and idk why. This is exactly why I don't post outside of a few threads. Ppl being dicks for no reason. All I did is mention a feature of a credit card and suddenly someone is talking ****.

******* children as always!

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

+1

Also really doesn't seem fair to the store, who missed out on an opportunity to sell the item to someone who wasn't going to cheat the system (and thus have better margins to stay in business).

I get that everyone wants stuff, and wants to pay the lowest price possible, but IMO it's good to think about how to support the stores that are giving you a better marketplace (better products, "curation," service, or whatever that might be).

guys it doesn't affect the retailer at all, (i think) it comes out of the insurance company's pocket, but if not then it comes out of citibank's pocket.

citi actually emails me often telling me to set up an alert, all you do is on their website enter in the item you bought and the price you bought it for, and they automatically track it for you and if their website finds a lower price then citi refunds you.

i don't feel bad at all taking advantage of every perk offered by my credit cards, since even though i don't pay keep a balance, i know they nickel and dime people with late fees/interest charges. not to mention i bank with citi, and they have fees for wires, foreign transactions, non-citi atm withdrawals, overdrafts, etc..

don't know why sinnedk is getting so much flack for taking advantage of a service offered by one of the world's largest financial institutions

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

guys it doesn't affect the retailer at all, (i think) it comes out of the insurance company's pocket, but if not then it comes out of citibank's pocket.

citi actually emails me often telling me to set up an alert, all you do is on their website enter in the item you bought and the price you bought it for, and they automatically track it for you and if their website finds a lower price then citi refunds you.

i don't feel bad at all taking advantage of every perk offered by my credit cards, since even though i don't pay keep a balance, i know they nickel and dime people with late fees/interest charges. not to mention i bank with citi, and they have fees for wires, foreign transactions, non-citi atm withdrawals, overdrafts, etc..

don't know why sinnedk is getting so much flack for taking advantage of a service offered by one of the world's largest financial institutions

Yes I know all that so idk wtf is going on.

I think they are accusing me of doing this with my proxy service which is ******* insane since I buy using PayPal funda people give me. I literally cannot believe that someone implied something like that towards my integrity without knowing anything.

@dieworkwear that post you made which you quickly edited is super insulting.

Last edited:

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
uhh if you don't take advantage of your credit card then your'e doing it wrong. they certainly aren't extending you credit based on goodwill.

the price protection and return protection and all of that is there for you to use. from experience, it all works as described. and the money doesn't come from the retailer.

b19pen15

Reaction score
For citi the price rewind is a max of $300 per item and $1200 per year. If you have a citi card they e-mail you about it often (though I've never tried it). I can't understand why anyone would look down on using a service for its advertised purpose?

wurlwyde

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I'm a little slow, but this is coming from the credit card's insurance correct, not the retailer?

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Perhaps I'm a little slow, but this is coming from the credit card's insurance correct, not the retailer?
It reads like it. I certainly don't see how the CC company can get the spread from the retailer. As I think about it, since there's 60 days before they tell you what the final best found price was, you're in for at least 2 billing cycles of interest (I don't see anywhere that wouldn't be the case). I'm also going to suppose that, since they start with "we'll find you the best price", they're not required to find the best price, they're just going to get the best price they "can" - meaning if you don't shark it, you probably won't get it or as much as you could have. Add to that the extra business that they think they'll capture with the feature and then, yes, they're probably just buying insurance against the spread/risk. For people who are serious about it (raises hand!) it could be some real win if played right, but I bet like the way coupons work psychologically - most people get the feature and then don't really take advantage of it, or not enough to really matter. That's all my guess... ps - at 60 days you're going to be past the return period too. You'd get seriously burned if you tried this and then got denied on a bunch of items. Ouch.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andyh78