• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

uhh if you don't take advantage of your credit card then your'e doing it wrong.  they certainly aren't extending you credit based on goodwill.

the price protection and return protection and all of that is there for you to use.  from experience, it all works as described.  and the money doesn't come from the retailer.  

Exactly, gotta be a smart shopper.

ambyance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just to be clear, does citi price rewind include the shop reducing the price of an item you bought? or does it have to be different shops? in other words, can you get the difference back via price rewind from the same shop

Last edited:

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I will add Discover has a much more lenient rewind policy, with up to $500 within 90 days, unlimited. I think they will probably be changing it soon though, given how popular it is.

@ambyance Citi and Discover will match the "lowest advertised price" for whatever you buy -- generally people use this for electronics and home stuffs, very popular things -- and you can help them out by screenshoting the lower price and sending it to them. Same shop or different shop; doesn't matter.

I know they can be super picky though. Discover declined a friend of mine because he wanted to price match a different color but otherwise identical iPad (silver v gold, same specs) so I imagine doing size for clothes would be a similar policy.

How using these policies could be considered bad form by anyone is beyond me. And I work for a credit card company. The retailer certainly isn't paying the difference.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yes I know all that so idk wtf is going on.

I think they are accusing me of doing this with my proxy service which is ******* insane since I buy using PayPal funda people give me. I literally cannot believe that someone implied something like that towards my integrity without knowing anything.

@dieworkwear that post you made which you quickly edited is super insulting.

What was the post? I see a whole bunch of comments erased.

dieworkwear

Mahatma Jawndi
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I made a joke about how someone should do a rewind chargeback on sin's proxy service. It was a dumb joke, so I erased it.

Anyway, the insurance company thing makes sense. If it's just coming from them, seems like fair game. I was under the initial impression that the company was charging back stores, which really seemed lame.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

See below...

I made a joke about how someone should do a rewind chargeback on sin's proxy service. It was a dumb joke, so I erased it.

Anyway, the insurance company thing makes sense. If it's just coming from them, seems like fair game. I was under the initial impression that the company was charging back stores, which really seemed lame.

What??? Thats not what you said at all. Read the below garbage, you implied that I take advantage of people using my proxy service. You are a complete ************* for that. On top of it you are an idiot because you didnt understand a credit card feature and automatically started implying that i rip people/retailers off . **** you!

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Relax, it was a joke.

If you really want to make such a big deal out of this you both live in SF, meet outside Uniqlo.

If you have questions about your CC, call or research online first so you know what to ask. After several phone calls you should have a better idea, some reps are more knowledgeable than others.

Now let's keep this thread back on track. That recent post with the Islay sale is pretty nice. Is the toe box really as round or is there some taper?

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can see where the confusion might have started, as the original question stated that they asked the retailer for the price protection, and they weren't having any of it.

Either DWW has it out for you, or just wanted to chime in with a snarky joke before anyone else did, but it was a bad one. Maybe let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and all just move on?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I can see where the confusion might have started, as the original question stated that they asked the retailer for the price protection, and they weren't having any of it.

Either DWW has it out for you, or just wanted to chime in with a snarky joke before anyone else did, but it was a bad one. Maybe let's give him the benefit of the doubt, and all just move on?

He made 2 comments (see above post), it wasn't once so he doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt. I won't talk about this any further. However, i don't appreciate me sharing/helping some members turning into bad jokes at my expense.

Last edited:

oboy_oboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does S.N.S. Herning do any end of season discount (direct, on their site)? I know they did a Black Friday one, but was wondering if anyone remembered one around this time--or, say end of Jan?

Reaction

Reaction score
Dude I filed it against so many purchases last year and kept getting a few bucks back here and there. Note there is a cap of some sort I forget what. If you get a Citi card the double cash back and the thank you premier are the way to go.

I will add Discover has a much more lenient rewind policy, with up to $500 within 90 days, unlimited. I think they will probably be changing it soon though, given how popular it is.

@ambyance Citi and Discover will match the "lowest advertised price" for whatever you buy -- generally people use this for electronics and home stuffs, very popular things -- and you can help them out by screenshoting the lower price and sending it to them. Same shop or different shop; doesn't matter.

I know they can be super picky though. Discover declined a friend of mine because he wanted to price match a different color but otherwise identical iPad (silver v gold, same specs) so I imagine doing size for clothes would be a similar policy.

How using these policies could be considered bad form by anyone is beyond me. And I work for a credit card company. The retailer certainly isn't paying the difference.

Thanks for sharing this information. Just signed up to Discover and will probably sign up to Citi's Thank You Premier once the intro period finishes. I can finally get rid of my CapitalOne card... no idea how I've stuck with one credit card this whole time but just an FYI for everyone else - they're sub-par when it comes to purchase protection. Unlike my Amex Plat, but that card is reserved for business and travel.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcoPolos