• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Official Paul Smith Shoe Thread... all PS shoe questions here

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PS is also a bit more edgy I think, not sure if that is the right word to use. Most of their shoes are more in between casual and dressy but as GS said, the leather they use doesn't quite put them in a specific category. PS shoes has a bit more character out of the box, good details on the leather and color choices. Like on my Bihars, the toe part has a burnt look but fades into a nice dip-dye brown from front to back. Not too many boots/shoes out there has a similar look. I can't wait to own a pair of PS shoes in bufalino, I am really liking the Burton in bufalino tan.
scxc-f122-buf-t2-54675.jpg

BTW, Zippy, how does the Burtons fit? Similar to Cage?
The navy looks good too, has a hint of purple.

Also, I don't think it has been posted, new PS boots with lug sole.
Fremont Oakwood Suede Boots
I think the style works better in boots than in shoes like the Royale.
0414981433786R_300x400.jpg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
BTW, Zippy, how does the Burtons fit? Similar to Cage?
The navy looks good too, has a hint of purple.
[/IMG]

Not sure how well the Burton is going to work with your D. Duck feet.
I went down 1/2 size from my usual Cage/Starr size and they fit pretty good.
But they might be on the narrow side for you.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Not sure how well the Burton is going to work with your D. Duck feet.
I went down 1/2 size from my usual Cage/Starr size and they fit pretty good.
But they might be on the narrow side for you.

Damn, that sucks. Another beautiful PS shoes I have to pass up.
frown.gif

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
Cheaney actually made the first run of Paul Smith British Collections shoes. As much as I like Loake, I dont think Loake rate that high in the grand pantheon of shoemakers. It's a good shoe and well made, and their Royal Brogue is a classic, but they do use a lot of correct grain leathers, granted it keeps prices down, but it keeps them out of the conversation of higher end shoes.

I'd say PS def rates with the better english makers like Cheaney, Grenson, Trickers, Sargent etc. Not quite as polished as the top tier like Green, Lobb, Cleverly etc. But then the prices reflect that.

But PS has the advantage of using their own specialty leathers, like the dip dye and buffalino, which is specially made for them and unique to PS.

btw dont have my own store, but I think I have enough PS shoes for maybe 9 generations
smile.gif

you are absolutely right on the loake being constructed from the corrected bovine. it looks glossy and stiff, not really to my liking but it sure makes a good corporate attire.

btw, not only your collection can last for 9 generations, the most notable part is you met up with THE grand master behind all these
worship.gif

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PaulYAY
^nice! Those are definately your style.

Could someone please answer my Q about low profile vs. Shoe trees? Should I just use them even though every make I've found wants to raise the profile? It might be a stupid question but I don't think it's been addressed before. Thanks

Thanks. I thought so too. I love the pair I'm selling right now, I mean it's fantastic, but this one is more up my alley or I'd keep them both.

I think there were some good answers to the shoe tree questions posts after yours. I'm actually looking for the right pair for my lower profiles as well.

Originally Posted by BrooklynHighpost
Nice, would love to see some fit pics. I was going to pick this one up, but thought the color might be too specific. Good pick up.

These go great with khaki's and jeans. I'll get some fit pics up soon and I'll be happy to share them.

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RFX45
PS is also a bit more edgy I think, not sure if that is the right word to use. Most of their shoes are more in between casual and dressy but as GS said, the leather they use doesn't quite put them in a specific category. PS shoes has a bit more character out of the box, good details on the leather and color choices. Like on my Bihars, the toe part has a burnt look but fades into a nice dip-dye brown from front to back. Not too many boots/shoes out there has a similar look. I can't wait to own a pair of PS shoes in bufalino, I am really liking the Burton in bufalino tan.
scxc-f122-buf-t2-54675.jpg

characteristic is the word
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
. while we can see intentional imperfection in PS, other shoe makers tend to 'perfectify' the leather - smooth and flawless.

i am liking the vintage effect on the burton as well. i hope my size will last till the next sales.

chroMe

Reaction score
psgreen.jpg

ps @ bicester village, £88 original was £288
also in orange, turquoise and pink

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
.... it's $2 more

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, well they are great trees, not sure how the ebay ones compare

attacus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Ah, well they are great trees, not sure how the ebay ones compare

you can say that again. i could really put those Epic Twin-Tube Shoe Tree in good use. how i wish i were in CONUS......sigh

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads