• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, for sure. But the show already has had to deal with that.

Daenerys is what, 13? 14? in the books. They aren't going to have a show where someone who is ********** and in a bunch of nude scenes is playing a character who is clearly supposed to be 13. Robb Stark is also 16 in the books.

Besides, the books definitely cover some time. At least five years all in. I think they can cover that, especially with some creative costuming and makeup.

Last edited:

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They aged everyone up a few years. Even the adults. Ned and Catelyn are supposed to be in their mid 30s. But they were already having to cover up Arya's breasts last season to convince us that anyone would think she was a boy.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Don't read this unless you really want to.
Hope they exaggerate the lezzie thing with Dani

I am drawing a blank on names since I haven't really thought about GoT since last season ended...but didn't they kill off her lezzie partner?

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well Storm of Swords is going to be split into two seasons, so they've got material until at least 2016, and could probably stretch it out at least another year if they needed to.

Which is good, considering there would just be too many big moments happening right at the end.

All but 2 episode titles were released. I'm going to spoiler it because the person who posted it, gave their 2 cents on what the episodes could entail.

WinterIsComing.net recently revealed the episode titles for Game of Thrones season 3, including a third name-change for the George R. R. Martin-penned episode 7. Check them out! SPOILERS AHEAD.

• Ep. 301 – Valar Dohaeris
Season 2 ended with the episode “Valar Morghulis” which means “all men must die” in Braavosi, so it seems fitting season 3 should begin with the flipside of that statement, “Valar Dohaeris,” which means “all men must serve/live.”

•Ep. 302 – Dark Wings, Dark Words
Though this is a general Westerosi term for ominous tidings, it would be very cool if it was also referring to the events in Astapor.

• Ep. 303 – Walk of Punishment
This brings to mind a very specific journey made by a Lannister in A Dance With Dragons but probably this refers to Jaime and Brienne being captured. Or it might be about everyone’s walkabout. Jon, Jaime, Brienne, Arya, Robb, Bran, and more have a lot of journeying to do before they reach the climax of their individual stories.

Or... we could see Theon?

• Ep. 304 – And Now His Watch is Ended
Obviously referring to the events at and beyond the Wall.

• Ep. 305 – Kissed by Fire
Sounds like we might see the Sandor Clegane / Beric Dondarrion duel in this episode!

• Ep. 306 – to be determined

• Ep. 307 – The Bear and the Maiden Fair
George R. R. Martin’s episode, obviously containing Brienne’s bear fight and Jaime’s tentative step towards Not Being A Complete Monster. The book contains some ominous clues in this scene towards the events of the Red Wedding, as well.

• Ep. 308 – to be determined

• Ep. 309 – The Rains of Castamere
Oh boy. Tissues at the ready, everyone.

• Ep. 310 – Mhysa

Mhysa is the Ghiscari term for “mother.” Since the final episodes of each season have focused on Daenerys, I imagine this involves her taking Meereen.

Episode 9 will no doubt be The Red Wedding episode, since that's the name of the song that was sung to signal all of the bloodshed. And I think that's pretty much how they'll end part one, with episode 10 dealing with the aftermath (including killing Joffrey at the end would be too much Holy **** moments for the end of one season). I'm guessing part 2 will begin with Catelyn returning as Lady Stoneheart and end with that little **** Joffrey finally meeting his end.

With this season getting split in two, it's going to amazing.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's pretty much exactly what I was thinking.

Will be interested to see what the final two episode titles are...

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised at 309. I thought that would be the finale of the season, but I guess that would probably piss off the fans if they ended it that way.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm surprised at 309. I thought that would be the finale of the season, but I guess that would probably piss off the fans if they ended it that way.

It's not the finale of the book (obviously since the whole book isn't being done this season) so I would guess it was GRRM's intention to never have it be an ending.

Honestly, I think it would be an awful place to end. Too much direct followup which gets lost if you have to spend all summer/fall/winter waiting for it.

Blackfyre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* Freys

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's not the finale of the book (obviously since the whole book isn't being done this season) so I would guess it was GRRM's intention to never have it be an ending.

Honestly, I think it would be an awful place to end. Too much direct followup which gets lost if you have to spend all summer/fall/winter waiting for it.

I agree.

They have to have at least a bit of followup to wrap up some immediate loose ends. Also, I imagine they'd include details like the direwolf head being stitched to the corpse after the fact, not during the actual episode.

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So bloody pumped for this. I cannot wait.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am drawing a blank on names since I haven't really thought about GoT since last season ended...but didn't they kill off her lezzie partner?

Does anyone have an answer to this?

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good point. I'm not really complaining, and I think placing it where it is will make it much more of a surprise gut punch like it was in the book. Probably moreso, seeing as Robb is more of a character in the tv show than he was in the books. I just would have expected them to go a more obvious route and end the season there. I wonder if they're going to go all the way to Joffrey's death. I could see an ending with Joffrey dying, Tyrion being arrested, Sansa escaping, and Arya burying the Hound and getting on a boat to Braavos. Then again, it's been a year or so and I read them all in a row, so that might actually be the end of the book

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Good point. I'm not really complaining, and I think placing it where it is will make it much more of a surprise gut punch like it was in the book. Probably moreso, seeing as Robb is more of a character in the tv show than he was in the books. I just would have expected them to go a more obvious route and end the season there. I wonder if they're going to go all the way to Joffrey's death. I could see an ending with Joffrey dying, Tyrion being arrested, Sansa escaping, and Arya burying the Hound and getting on a boat to Braavos. Then again, it's been a year or so and I read them all in a row, so that might actually be the end of the book

The Purple Wedding will be next season. And Arya didn't bury the Hound. That will be next season as well. But, it is the next season that Brienne learns that the Hound is dead. Sandor is at peace. He's the gravedigger on the Quiet Isle.

Two seasons for ASoS.
Three seasons between AFfC and ADWD. Probably before the second or third season is when WoW comes out.
Then the WoW season
Then the last season of the show beats the final book by several years. Unless GRRM dies and the final book never comes out. He's old, fat, and generally in very bad physical shape.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are really giving a lot of plot points away.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics