• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Which is good, considering there would just be too many big moments happening right at the end.

All but 2 episode titles were released. I'm going to spoiler it because the person who posted it, gave their 2 cents on what the episodes could entail.

Episode 9 will no doubt be The Red Wedding episode, since that's the name of the song that was sung to signal all of the bloodshed. And I think that's pretty much how they'll end part one, with episode 10 dealing with the aftermath (including killing Joffrey at the end would be too much Holy **** moments for the end of one season). I'm guessing part 2 will begin with Catelyn returning as Lady Stoneheart and end with that little **** Joffrey finally meeting his end.

With this season getting split in two, it's going to amazing.

BTW, this season is supposed to have 13 episodes. It was originally going to be 10 but they added three.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BTW, this season is supposed to have 13 episodes. It was originally going to be 10 but they added three.

I think you've misread things. It's 10 episodes, but they're adding 5-10 minutes per episode, so there should be the equivalent of an extra episode of plot compared to prior seasons. Had been 50 minutes each, now will be closer to full 60.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You guys are really giving a lot of plot points away. 

lefty

When I started reading the books a friend of mine asked who my favorite character was. I was about 15 chapters into AGoT. I told him. He said, don't get too attached to anyone.

Then Ned was killed.

Then it appeared the boys were killed by Theon. That was sold much better in the books. They really blew it by not including the scene between Cat and Brienne at Riverrun.

There will be other deaths. That's not a spoiler.

Don't get too attached to anyone.

JustChris

Reaction score
Unless they're epically unlikeable. Then they'll stay forever.

I keep waiting for that useless **** Sansa to die. I'd be happy if something terrible happened to Littlefinger and Cersi, too, but at least they're entertaining in the meantime. Sansa is just a pointless waste of resources.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I keep waiting for that useless **** Sansa to die. I'd be happy if something terrible happened to Littlefinger and Cersi, too, but at least they're entertaining in the meantime. Sansa is just a pointless waste of resources.

I'm guessing she's going to pull a Reek and finally find her balls and turn into an interesting character with a big role to play.

At least, that's what I hope, cause yeah, she's pretty annoying at the moment.

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This is like my worst nightmare.

Mine too. I think I'd have a heart attack if he dropped dead before finishing the series. I know he's about 400 pages into WoW. But only the first 200 GRRM feels is complete :fu:

I thought we were doing a pretty good job of keeping the spoilers hidden behind spoiler tags... :(

Don't worry, we're doing a fine job with the spoiler tags :nodding:

The only bad thing about splitting the season into two, is more Joffrey :censored:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mine too. I think I'd have a heart attack if he dropped dead before finishing the series. I know he's about 400 pages into WoW. But only the first 200 GRRM feels is complete :fu:

The only bad thing about splitting the season into two, is more Joffrey :censored:

Supposedly he has told at the least the GoT producers how the series ends, so if he dropped dead, hopefully we'd at least find out the broad strokes of how everything ends up. But yeah, the man needs to quit doing conventions and expansion books and stuff, and get writing. He's like 65 and 400 pounds, I wouldn't bet on him living to a ripe old age.

For your Joffrey concern, well, there's always this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many of the teaser chapters that he's read at the various Cons were cut from ADwD. He had 200 pages done before he even began. There was the World of book. Then he edited that short story book. He's promising a Dunk and Egg story. And, he's got a development deal with HBO. Plus he's writing one ep per season and reviewing story plans for every other episode to make sure it's not conflicting.

He's stretched too thin for a man of his age and girth. He needs to focus and get WoW out within 2 years then get cracking on ADoS.

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I feel like Sansa is moving towards the point where she's growing up and becoming a real human being. There are only a few completely irredeemable characters in the series: Joffrey, Ramsay, Gregor Clegane. Even Cersei shows flashes of humanity by the end, and even though I'm sure she will remain a villain to the end, I found it hard not to have a certain amount of sympathy for her.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I feel like Sansa is moving towards the point where she's growing up and becoming a real human being. There are only a few completely irredeemable characters in the series: Joffrey, Ramsay, Gregor Clegane. Even Cersei shows flashes of humanity by the end, and even though I'm sure she will remain a villain to the end, I found it hard not to have a certain amount of sympathy for her.

I think Sansa has a purpose.

She's naive but she was raised as a diplomat of sorts. She's the only one one left who paid attention in her lessons and has any hope of navigating the North through the politics that will follow as westeros ends its current phase of outright war.

I think partnering her up with littlefinger leads her to this role--take the history and interhouse relations she knows and add some of the political intrigue (that didn't exist in the north) that littlefinger is the master of.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Many of the teaser chapters that he's read at the various Cons were cut from ADwD. He had 200 pages done before he even began. There was the World of book. Then he edited that short story book. He's promising a Dunk and Egg story. And, he's got a development deal with HBO. Plus he's writing one ep per season and reviewing story plans for every other episode to make sure it's not conflicting.

He's stretched too thin for a man of his age and girth. He needs to focus and get WoW out within 2 years then get cracking on ADoS.

Absolutely, completely agree. The man doesn't have too many years left, and he's spread too thin. I mean, part of me feels bad for feeling like he owes us something, but... Come on!

I think Sansa has a purpose.

She's naive but she was raised as a diplomat of sorts. She's the only one one left who paid attention in her lessons and has any hope of navigating the North through the politics that will follow as westeros ends its current phase of outright war.

I think partnering her up with littlefinger leads her to this role--take the history and interhouse relations she knows and add some of the political intrigue (that didn't exist in the north) that littlefinger is the master of.

Definitely agree. She has a role to play, and she is growing into that role.

I'm curious to see whats going to happen with Arya. I mean, ok, yeah, she's going to be a badass assassin or whatever, but what role is this going to play? Is she going to have to give up being a Stark, or is she just going to learn her badass assassin skills and then leave?

Theon/Reek is an interesting character, too... I think he has a big redemption coming.

Last edited:

Anthony K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arya reminds me of my daughter and I want so much good for her that it's almost painful to read her chapters because she goes through so much. I think there is no way she forgets that she's a Stark. I do think the endgame of the story is Jon Snow, who has been speculated to be the love child of Rhaegar Taergaryen and Lyanna Stark, being the new king and Arya has such an important connection to him that there is no way she's not involved in his struggle. I think the tragedy for her will be having to leave behind the Faceless Men, who have become a surrogate family for her as her blood family was torn apart. I also hold out hope that Syrio, who we never actually saw die in the book or the show, will turn up somewhere before the end.

Also, hasn't Theon already had a redemption in helping to save the girl pretending to be Arya (or something like that. My memory is a bit muddled on this point). I am guessing Theon is dead now but there's no way to be sure.

The big mystery for me is whether Ramsay actually caught and killedMance and his women. Some of the samples already released spoiled the fact that Stannis is still around (not a huge surprise) but I hope that Mance made it. I had really warmed up to that guy.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:slayer: :lol: That's just great!

Most satisfying 10 minutes of video of all time.

Arya reminds me of my daughter and I want so much good for her that it's almost painful to read her chapters because she goes through so much. I think there is no way she forgets that she's a Stark. I do think the endgame of the story is Jon Snow, who has been speculated to be the love child of Rhaegar Taergaryen and Lyanna Stark, being the new king and Arya has such an important connection to him that there is no way she's not involved in his struggle. I think the tragedy for her will be having to leave behind the Faceless Men, who have become a surrogate family for her as her blood family was torn apart. I also hold out hope that Syrio, who we never actually saw die in the book or the show, will turn up somewhere before the end.

Also, hasn't Theon already had a redemption in helping to save the girl pretending to be Arya (or something like that. My memory is a bit muddled on this point). I am guessing Theon is dead now but there's no way to be sure.

The big mystery for me is whether Ramsay actually caught and killedMance and his women. Some of the samples already released spoiled the fact that Stannis is still around (not a huge surprise) but I hope that Mance made it. I had really warmed up to that guy.

Oh yeah, Jon is, IMO, clearly becoming the focus of this story. R+L = J. Fire and Ice. No way it's not that. Honestly, makes you wonder what role Daenerys will have. Hell, maybe they get married, even though they are first cousins. Wouldn't be the first time Targaryens have wed... Now, only question is how he comes back to life. My money is on Melisandre seeing the errors of her ways and going all Thoros of Myr on him.

I think Theon/Reek has more redemption coming. I mean, that was nice and all, but he can't have survived all of that just to save Jeyne Poole.

I can't quite recall, but something about the letter that Ramsay sends to the Wall regarding Stannis was false IIRC, making me think that the whole thing about him being captured was bogus. Agreed that I hope Mance made it, he was a pretty cool character.

Excited to see what happens with Jaime too, he has turned into one of the most interesting characters in the books.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads