• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Yeap, I usually wear 10.5 US. I asked about the last but the sales man didn't know and I tried to search inside the boots but didn't saw anything. I compared it against the Stow and it was very narrow. I will go and try it again with another socks.
Thank you. So most likely for yourself one Half Size difference between true to size US and UK Sizes is about right......The UK Size and Last that the shoes are built on is hidden under the Heel Cushion inside Tricker's shoes. I doubt the retailer would be impressed if you started lifting this up to find out though :-/

Tricker's UK Size and Last..jpg

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thank you. So most likely for yourself one Half Size difference between true to size US and UK Sizes is about right......The UK Size and Last that the shoes are built on is hidden under the Heel Cushion inside Tricker's shoes. I doubt the retailer would be impressed if you started lifting this up to find out though :-/

Hehehe I was trying to find it on the sides where the size or model usually is but not in this one, no wonder why I didn't found it. So, do you think in that last I should go with 10 UK? I tried the Stow in 10UK and it feels big, since I tried the 9.5 UK and felt right.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They often, but not always, write the last on the box too.

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Hehehe I was trying to find it on the sides where the size or model usually is but not in this one, no wonder why I didn't found it. So, do you think in that last I should go with 10 UK? I tried the Stow in 10UK and it feels big, since I tried the 9.5 UK and felt right.
You know I had some Logger Boots MTO on W2298 Last one time, and although we are all different with different size, shape and volume requirements, I find W2298 closer fitting than 4497s in Width and Volume. Remember having all these Lasts in stock, I can try them on and make reasonable comparisons any time. Might it be possible those Loggers are on W2298 ?

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know I had some Logger Boots MTO on W2298 Last one time, and although we are all different with different size, shape and volume requirements, I find W2298 closer fitting than 4497s in Width and Volume. Remember having all these Lasts in stock, I can try them on and make reasonable comparisons any time. Might it be possible those Loggers are on W2298 ?

Maybe. But they do look a lot more narrower. I really liked it cause it looked very good but didn't felt comfy. It is less rounder than the last of the Stow.

I marked this pic so you can get an idea of where I felt my 4th toe was agaisnt the boot and felt uncomfortable. That's why I want to try them with socks without the edge.

4th finger.jpg

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have over 300 pairs of Tricker's here in stock ZippyH and not one box with the Last Number written on it........am I missing something? All of a sudden I feel deprived :)
Richard, I have several boxes with the last written under the fitting area too. From memory they're confined to the white-labeled boxes.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I guess I had Crockett & Jones boxes on my mind and could have sworn I had Tricker's boxes with the last written on the end. I checked my stacks-o-boxes and it's just the ones from the old ebay shop with the last written on the end.

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Richard, I have several boxes with the last written under the fitting area too. From memory they're confined to the white-labeled boxes.
In 'Type' above the hand written 'Last Number', is the word 'Fitting'. It is usually the Width Fitting of the shoe written here on boxes that are used for 'regular' stock. :)

CrashBurner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In 'Type' above the hand written 'Last Number', is the word 'Fitting'. It is usually the Width Fitting of the shoe written here on boxes that are used for 'regular' stock. :)
Yes! It seems to only occur on the white-labelled boxes. I'm unsure if these boxes are confined to the old outlet store or they're a combination of make-ups and outlet. The blue labels with gold writing always seem to have the fitting number rather than the last.

Last edited:

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
There are a few pairs of really cheap Stows and Bourtons (circa $200+shipping) at superdenim.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads