• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Hehehe I was trying to find it on the sides where the size or model usually is but not in this one, no wonder why I didn't found it. So, do you think in that last I should go with 10 UK? I tried the Stow in 10UK and it feels big, since I tried the 9.5 UK and felt right.
In my experience, most wearers including myself will find 4497s (Stow Last) more generous in Width and Volume than W2298. Wether any will find it different enough to necessitate a size change can only be found by trying them on. Remember too that these very high quality shoes can feel snug in width and volume, as they will surely give a little during the first few wears. If they do not give enough, it is very easy for any reputable shoe repairer to effectively stretch width and volume into a shoe. Depending how tight the 9 1/2 you tried on was, a UK 10 may be the answer, unless the 9 1/2 was only 'snug' when tried, in which case a little 'breaking in' may be more than sufficient.

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Got me a pair of used Eatons. Better deal than I initially thought before seeing the boots.
Wearing some light cotton socks so the creasing is a bit more pronounced than usually.

D0bUqHL.jpg

6Sej7Em.jpg

VkPjUKK.jpg
You might try a removable Insole of varying thickness in those my friend, which will take some of the volume out making the creases a little less ?

scrwl

Reaction score
You might try a removable Insole of varying thickness in those my friend, which will take some of the volume out making the creases a little less ?
I've tried using various insoles in my boots but they usually lift the heel too much and the fit becomes horrible, haha. Changing the sock thickness has been the most comfortable way thus far. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
I've tried using various insoles in my boots but they usually lift the heel too much and the fit becomes horrible, haha. Changing the sock thickness has been the most comfortable way thus far. Thanks for the suggestion though!
If you take an Insole that works well under the forefoot, a friendly cobbler (if you have one local) could easily scour most of the thickness away under the Heel for you in seconds ;-)

EnglishShoes

Reaction score
Yowsers! Selection of Trickers on Flannels for about £100 a pair!!!!!!

Scott acorn cap toe boots in UK10
Robert brown calf UK10
Robert brown suede UK7

Go get em!

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In my experience, most wearers including myself will find 4497s (Stow Last) more generous in Width and Volume than W2298. Wether any will find it different enough to necessitate a size change can only be found by trying them on. Remember too that these very high quality shoes can feel snug in width and volume, as they will surely give a little during the first few wears. If they do not give enough, it is very easy for any reputable shoe repairer to effectively stretch width and volume into a shoe. Depending how tight the 9 1/2 you tried on was, a UK 10 may be the answer, unless the 9 1/2 was only 'snug' when tried, in which case a little 'breaking in' may be more than sufficient.

Thanks mate! In fact it only felt tight in that area. What I fear is something like with my Carmina Rain last, I feel pressure in the same spot and I dont't know if they are going to stretch a bit. I use them very little time (around 4 hours everytime I use them and sometimes I don't use them in 2 weeks hehehe), so I don't know if they still have to break-in.

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
Thanks mate! In fact it only felt tight in that area. What I fear is something like with my Carmina Rain last, I feel pressure in the same spot and I dont't know if they are going to stretch a bit. I use them very little time (around 4 hours everytime I use them and sometimes I don't use them in 2 weeks hehehe), so I don't know if they still have to break-in.
I work with many many customers in my store, and I always tell them the same. Consider a shoe 'snug' fititng new from the box, and if it is only snug and not tight, then 5 or 6 times wear maximum should be enough for a snug fitting shoe to give and become comfortable for a full days wear. But.......a snug fitting shoe will only really give when the wearer is doing a little walking. Your feet putting pressure on the shoes from the inside out, the shoes flexing as you walk, that is when they will give. If they do not give enough after 5 or 6 wears, then any reputable shoe repairer can very easily and very effectively stretch width and volume into a shoe. One should never put on a snug fititng shoe and sit watching tv all evening, or sit at a desk working all day. You need to be walking. One other consideration, I believe new from the box, a snug fitting shoe would allow you to put them on and go for a steady walk around town say for an hour or two without you having to take them off because they are painful. So many times I have told customers this and they take what I say with some reservation. It's pleasing to know quite often that the same customers come back in a few weeks later and say; 'You were right you know !' Always happy to help if I can Sir ;-)

Betelgeuse

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I work with many many customers in my store, and I always tell them the same. Consider a shoe 'snug' fititng new from the box, and if it is only snug and not tight, then 5 or 6 times wear maximum should be enough for a snug fitting shoe to give and become comfortable for a full days wear. But.......a snug fitting shoe will only really give when the wearer is doing a little walking. Your feet putting pressure on the shoes from the inside out, the shoes flexing as you walk, that is when they will give. If they do not give enough after 5 or 6 wears, then any reputable shoe repairer can very easily and very effectively stretch width and volume into a shoe. One should never put on a snug fititng shoe and sit watching tv all evening, or sit at a desk working all day. You need to be walking. One other consideration, I believe new from the box, a snug fitting shoe would allow you to put them on and go for a steady walk around town say for an hour or two without you having to take them off because they are painful. So many times I have told customers this and they take what I say with some reservation. It's pleasing to know quite often that the same customers come back in a few weeks later and say; 'You were right you know !' Always happy to help if I can Sir ;-)

Thanks mate, will consider this.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The Mystery of the Silver Deer low logger boot last.

These showed up today. Definitely not 4444 but they didn't look like 4497 or W2298 either.
2017-08-11_17-57-59_978.jpeg

It was bugging me enough that I peeled back the heel liner.

I was not expecting 13501.
2017-08-11_17-57-31_448.jpeg

Tricker's Expert!!

Reaction score
The Mystery of the Silver Deer low logger boot last.

These showed up today. Definitely not 4444 but they didn't look like 4497 or W2298 either.
View attachment 827404

It was bugging me enough that I peeled back the heel liner.

I was not expecting 13501.
View attachment 827403
13501 eh ? I am told that this should fit similar to 4487s, would you concur ?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
They feel snugger than 4497. I think even snugger than W2298. It's not enough for me to size down but I can imagine it might be for someone else.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads