• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The burnishing is not very in your face but noticeable on mine (pic below). Not too bothered about that changing, but rather about the Renovateur stripping colour generally. Which I keep hearing about from time to time on the shoe care thread.

View attachment 1776206
I have noticed a little color come off on my black boots w/ both reno and venetian leather balm. I don't find it particularly concerning but am open to gentler options. haven't really tried anything else.

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Not too bothered about that changing, but rather about the Renovateur stripping colour generally.

I had a pair of Espresso Stows that looked like the burnishing had been applied by a drunk who'd mislaid his spectacles. I removed it all with Reno'Mat.

Pedlar

Reaction score
FE221381-8AF5-47C1-963A-5B080DFF050F.jpeg

bemk

Reaction score
The burnishing is not very in your face but noticeable on mine (pic below). Not too bothered about that changing, but rather about the Renovateur stripping colour generally. Which I keep hearing about from time to time on the shoe care thread.

View attachment 1776206

I wouldn't touch it. From what I see the burnishing is not very even, so I see a chance that you also change the basic colour in the areas between and next to it.

(You probably remember my Acorn Bourtons with the stains I tried to get rid of. The more I carefully cleaned them, the more prominent they got. When I applied the original cream, it didn't help, quite the opposite as the leather wouldn't absorb the cream as much as the intact leather. And when I dyed them with the original tincture they went sort of Marron with the stains still visible. Finally I dyed them Dark Brown, which saved them for me and they look quite nice, however I wished I would have accepted the stains in the first place.)

Btw, I think it looks like character overall as I see that the boots have some strong contrast in other places also.

LippyLee

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm after a little info on a pair of my boots. Trickers Charles, could you tell me whether these are a standard leather for Charles and in any case, what leather this may be as it's beautifully soft and pliable. It doesn't take on the character that a well worn in calf leather would but I forgive it that for it's suppleness. Any ideas? I'd like to look out for some more footwear in this leather. Thanks in advance.
tempImageLKwOKU.png
tempImageSNZLNr.png

Angel91

Reaction score
Hey guys! Can anyone tell me if this is shell?
and what info doyou have about themodel?

Attachments

• 80612F4E-FAB5-4F4C-AB45-54247ED12AC4.jpeg
    80612F4E-FAB5-4F4C-AB45-54247ED12AC4.jpeg
    185.2 KB · Views: 50

shoefan57

Reaction score
Hi All, I'm after a little info on a pair of my boots. Trickers Charles, could you tell me whether these are a standard leather for Charles and in any case, what leather this may be as it's beautifully soft and pliable. It doesn't take on the character that a well worn in calf leather would but I forgive it that for it's suppleness. Any ideas? I'd like to look out for some more footwear in this leather. Thanks in advance. View attachment 1776846 View attachment 1776847
It looks like their "Beechnut Calf". My Axtons are made of the same leather, and the leather is also supple and creases lightly. I find Trickers leathers are often quite thick, yet very supple. Sometimes they do crease heavily, but often not.

LippyLee

Reaction score
It looks like their "Beechnut Calf". My Axtons are made of the same leather, and the leather is also supple and creases lightly. I find Trickers leathers are often quite thick, yet very supple. Sometimes they do crease heavily, but often not.
Hmmm, thanks for that and yes, I believe they were Beechnut, I believe I thought that just referred to colour. I've got quite a few Bourtons in calf and a couple of pairs of Stows plus some other randoms, I believe all to be calf. These are the only footwear that are soft and supple in this way, all the rest take a fair amount of wearing in (I believe with some I'll never achieve it) and they tend to crease very definitely. The only ones not creasing other than these are a pair of Paul Smith Bourtons, but they're also not actually softening up in anything like the same manner. I do tend to polish/cream the footwear quite a lot and maybe that contributes to the lack of suppleness? Although it certainly hasn't with the Charles.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Looks like a Burford. What does the boot have written inside?

Does it say '9047G'? Did they come with purple shoe bags?

According to my catalog, 9047G is a Ripon or Wetherby which I think are stylistically pretty much the same as the Burford.
Catalog lists Burford as style 5635 but I have what was sold as a Burford with style 7514 and another as 8178. Tricker's is mystifying.

Anyway those one in question above aren't shell.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads