• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Olderfellow

Reaction score
Anyway, from Church's Consul to Tricker's Monkey boots... I'm covered for any occasion. (Why doesn't Tricker's make wellingtons?)

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You had to Google him!?

Boy, am I showing my age...
I have heard the name, but couldn’t put a face to it. I watched a video from the 1930's. He has an affected RP accent. Then a later show from 1978. You can hear the old Liverpool accent (not the horrible noise we hear today), with a touch of RP when pronouncing ‘London,’ etc.. Interesting.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice. Do you get toe taps on your leather soled shoes, or don’t you wear the toe area down like some? I am not that grinds them down. Quite annoying.

I have a few pairs with metal toe taps but that was mainly because they were GMTOs and it was an option. But I’ve never taken a pair in to have them installed.

How does the 5402R last compare to the 4497s. I'm between an UK8.5 (Break in necessary) and UK9 (Ready to wear) in the 4497S, I've heard I need to upsize 1/2 size?

I think you’ll be okay with a 9.

Last edited:

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This shoe lace combination with acorn stow caught my eye.. Its from Pisgah Range. Its a company based in the US.

Can i get something similar in the UK in terms of quality and colour.

File_001.png
Blue_Brass_New_1024x.jpg
Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 1.47.46 PM.png

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score
This shoe lace combination with acorn stow caught my eye.. Its from Pisgah Range. Its a company based in the US.

View attachment 1195435 View attachment 1195437 View attachment 1195436
I’ve a watch strap made out of parachute chord, came from France I think...

If you were to import two pairs you’d be under the threshold for import duty which I believe is £18 so may be worth just paying for that product as seems quite unique.

Mallaig

Reaction score

View attachment 1195435 View attachment 1195437 View attachment 1195436
Looks great. What length do you recommend ? Their default is 50cm.

Crafty Cumbrian

Master Builder
Reaction score

tophat

Reaction score
It's the much-coveted Ridgeway sole, and the boots have the balmoral or closed lacing, not the derby lacing of a Burford. It's also a completely different last than I've seen before, and much more comfortable than my Stows or Monkey boots. Their height is also more like a chukka than a Stow or Burford.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads