• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Marcellionheart

Reaction score

Does anyone know where I can get a navy pair of Tricker's Keswick in a 7? I tried on a pair today and I'm in love, sadly the store didn't have my size in the color. :(

They're definitely out of season now. You'll either have to MTO them via the Shoehealer or wait until Spring and see if anyone does another make up of them.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

They're definitely out of season now. You'll either have to MTO them via the Shoehealer or wait until Spring and see if anyone does another make up of them.

Yeah, they're definitely out of season now. I saw them and the blue hue just caught my eyes! I've been told the MTO program is around a year now so I may just wait.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seen some navy suede brogue Loakes cheap lately on ebay.co.uk if you can't wait.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh, not a fan of suede. :( Thanks though. I'm not in a hurry or anything. Kinda sucks that the only size they had left was .5 too small.

haresh

Reaction score
RJ4,

Which sizes dis you say they had left in that navy color ? All I could make out was .5 on your post. I just had to sell my Navy Trickers coz they were too tight (Ladies size 5) so I am now on the lookout for one too.

Hataraki_man

Reaction score
I thought I'd contribute my experience thus far for those still considering sizing.

I recently took the international shipping plunge and received a UK size 9 Trickers Burford "fitting 5" in espresso from The Shoehealer and am pleased with the fit. My true size is about US 9.5EE and sometimes it seems that pretty much every nice shoe is out of reach because of the narrowness of medium fittings, and the hassle of ordering a size that is not stocked. These, however, have adequate width without looking too long. I would venture to say that the width across the ball of the foot in a UK9 4497s fitting 5 wearing medium weight socks feels slightly wider than an Alden Barrie 9E wearing dress socks, and the functional lengths are comparable, with the Barrie having a slightly more elongated toe. I can't say whether either a size 8.5 or 9 4497s fitting 6 would be better, but this seems pretty good, considering the color choice available in fitting 6 brogues is atrocious...

Pleased to have found something that fits.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are Trickers sized similarly to Alden's? I'm a snug size 9 in Alden boots, and am looking at kopping some Stow boots from the eBay seller who lists Trickers seconds. Advice?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My advice would be to click "search this thread" and type in "Alden".

bibs

Reaction score

Are Trickers sized similarly to Alden's? I'm a snug size 9 in Alden boots, and am looking at kopping some Stow boots from the eBay seller who lists Trickers seconds. Advice?

i would suggest a UK8 for a snug size US9 , are your feet wide or do you have a high in-step ?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not positive what an in-step is, but my feet are pretty normally proportioned. I'm reguarly a US 10D, but I size down to 9 in shoes that run large

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads