• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

Marcellionheart

Reaction score
PSA: For those not on the Shoehealer's Facebook group, Richard is now doing pre-orders for a Burgundy burnished longwing boot (Froswick) on a dainite sole and natural welt. 4444 last. I tried to resist, but caved and pre-ordered my size, making it now 3 boots I am waiting for from Richard... :embar:

lovelux2010

Reaction score
just been through this entire thread..tons of cool trickers action! i just picked up Hazel Burnished Bourtons...any opinions on this colour? i'm having second thoughts as are a light shoe (suppose similar to acorn) in colour..havent seen the Hazel Burnished is it a new colour?

Last edited:

lifesurfer2011

Reaction score
Straight up....what saphir polish color is best for the 'tan c shade'?????????

I just came back from the northampton factory and scored a pair of Tricker Malton's in tan c shade from their store.

I've searched the thread but haven't found a str8 answer to this question. I would be grateful for any help / advice.

ambivalence

Reaction score
not sure too... But i got someone to help me get the lightbrown polish for those shoes.. have yet to try them

LMTLiam

Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me how the Stow last fits compared to the 4444 last? Would there be a half size difference?

LMTLiam

Reaction score
Thanks. I read that description at Shoe Healer, about the Stow being tighter over the instep, but I didn't know whether to take it to mean that the Stow was true to size, or just a bit tighter over the top. I guess the 4497 is not sized up by 1/2 then?

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Stow/4497 is still pretty generously sized. Just not as much as the 4444.
I personally take the same size in 4497 and 4444. Others may not.

lovelux2010

Reaction score
trickers marron antique, poor quality bb picture..colour looks different in real life[ATTACHMENT=575]mytricks.jpg (2,101k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
i was quite torn between getting this colour or one called "hazel burnished" which was on a natural wood leather soul, i also like the c-shade ...thinking to get that in the malton boot if the size on these feels ok with wear

for those of you with wide feet, i have a wide foot (g in candj) but i can wear trickers width 5 in a 1/2 size up...the lasts feel wider than a lot of other brands i cannot wear, i suppose this is obvious as they do look quite heavy/wide. also, the 6 width (i tried malton c-shade) is wide, i can wear that in my normal size rather then 1/2 up like in 5 width

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anybody please tell me how the Stow last fits compared to the 4444 last? Would there be a half size difference?

Yes. According to retrickers on the bay, 4444 is about 1/4 to 1/2 size bigger than 4497s despite the same width/length. the major difference is the volume around instep area.

I wear size 9 keswick ana size 9.5 stow.

Last edited:

lovelux2010

Reaction score

Yes. According to retrickers on the bay, 4444 is about 1/4 to 1/2 size bigger than 4497s despite the same width/length. the major difference is the volume around instep area.

I wear size 9 keswick ana size 9.5 stow.
totally agree with this. i can wear keswick/malton in my size or a 1/2 up in bourton/stow. my foot wide in that instep area

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
trickers marron antique, poor quality bb picture..colour looks different in real life
i was quite torn between getting this colour or one called "hazel burnished" which was on a natural wood leather soul, i also like the c-shade ...thinking to get that in the malton boot if the size on these feels ok with wear

for those of you with wide feet, i have a wide foot (g in candj) but i can wear trickers width 5 in a 1/2 size up...the lasts feel wider than a lot of other brands i cannot wear, i suppose this is obvious as they do look quite heavy/wide. also, the 6 width (i tried malton c-shade) is wide, i can wear that in my normal size rather then 1/2 up like in 5 width

was that MTO or your own dye?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads