• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

princealbert

Reaction score
As Crafty says, a decent cobbler / shoe repairer should be able to sort this for you. If you can identify the point where they are too tight the boots can then be placed on a heavy duty shoe stretcher for 24 hours and that should do the trick. Lat time I had this done I think I was only charged 3 quid.

Jack_P

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Also this monty boot deal has given me a dilemma. I was planning be observant over the following months to find a bargain suede boot for next summer and well..... ;)

princealbert

Reaction score
Thanks guys, that's what I was hoping to hear.

Also this monty boot deal has given me a dilemma. I was planning be observant over the following months to find a bargain suede boot for next summer and well..... ;)

and well ........ at £128 being observant is probably not the best call! Joking apart I doubt you could get a better quality pair of suede boots at that price.

Jack_P

Reaction score
and well ........ at £128 being observant is probably not the best call! Joking apart I doubt you could get a better quality pair of suede boots at that price.

Totally agree, they're exactly what I'd be looking for so rather than spend time looking I've bought a pair

Thank you OP!

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, thanks to our good friend Crafty, I managed to get my hands on a pair of Monty at a reduced price. Thanks for the heads up. I had been gazing at these for several months, waiting for a discount code or reduction in price. I wasn’t quite expecting them to go that low. My reason for wanting these is that I wanted a ‘proper desert boot’ that has a real heritage feel and is several times better quality than the famous Clarks desert boot. It was to make a good talking point. I could get the Monty for a few quid more than the Clarks, but it would be infinitely better in terms of quality. However, the talking point has changed a little. Due to this reduction in price, I can now say I have a pair of desert boots that are several times better than Clarks and cost roughly the same price as their best model. lol

TH3515

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post on this thread.
I’ve just pulled out my winter stows for a bit of tlc and I can’t help but feel that they are now too tight for me. I really adore these boots so I was wondering if anybody has had any experience in stretching boots? They feel marginal length wise but it’s mainly the outside edge of the toe box where the toes curl around that’s causing me issues. Thanks I’m advance.

View attachment 1022341

View attachment 1022344
Feet tend to swell in hot weather and sometimes due to a variety of health issues. Wait a few days and try them again in the morning and when it‘s a bit cooler.

Maio

Reaction score

mrjamescost

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody else confused by the Tricker's prices up at ‘The Shoe Room’ website? I must confess, if the shoes were priced as competitively as the boots, plus the 10% discount for first orders, I may be tempted to buy a Woodstock or Matlock. :)
@Richard Smith

Olderfellow

Reaction score
I’ve just pulled out my winter stows for a bit of tlc and I can’t help but feel that they are now too tight for me.

Wear them about a bit. I'm sure they'll give again.

Otherwise use a shoe stretcher as shown or, even better a metal one like these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-...m=223091999703&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

1000.jpeg
s-l1600-1.jpg
s-l1600-2.jpg

Jack_P

Reaction score
Thank you all for your suggestions. They’re currently sat with a set of trees in that are so tight they’re a challenge to get in and out. Next I’ll try adding socks and I do have a cheap set of stretchers from eBay that I’ll give a go if necessary. I’m confident some combination of your ideas will cure the problem.

DuckOB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
New Grassmere Caramel kudus, just in from the US.
Hardly worn from previous owner. Superb condition and beautiful colour and fit. Better fit than my Sign Stow kudus, perhaps due to the noticeably thicker lining.
Thanks to forum member DuckOb for a nice easy transaction.

View attachment 1021358

View attachment 1021359

Kiwijohn - really glad they will work out for you and will get some wear. They are beautiful boots! Thanks for the purchase. Look forward to seeing them with some wear on them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads