• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nice, those are selling for $595 (maybe + shipping). IDK shoehealer has eatons in brown coming in feb for 467.35 with free shipping. I am not saying LS is ripping anyone off, they did do a custom line of great shoes which are worth every penny, just too much for my blood

pebblegrain

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

nice, those are selling for $595 (maybe + shipping). IDK shoehealer has eatons in brown coming in feb for 467.35 with free shipping. I am not saying LS is ripping anyone off, they did do a custom line of great shoes which are worth every penny, just too much for my blood

To me there is small but important difference in design. The LS versions of the Eatons have always have a plain edge seam on the lace panel, while the Shoehealer (as well as the Forum MTO) has black piping leather. I can't stand the look of that leather piping on the seam. In terms of aesthetics the LS Eatons are better. If I lived near one of the LS locations I would prefer to pay the premium for trying on, seeing in person, instant gratification, and the plain edge on the leather.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

To me there is small but important difference in design. The LS versions of the Eatons have always have a plain edge seam on the lace panel, while the Shoehealer (as well as the Forum MTO) has black piping leather. I can't stand the look of that leather piping on the seam. In terms of aesthetics the LS Eatons are better. If I lived near one of the LS locations I would prefer to pay the premium for trying on, seeing in person, instant gratification, and the plain edge on the leather.

oh i agree, LS design is awesome and thats where the premium is, im just trying not to cave n buy them :)

auggie

Reaction score
If I wear a 7.5 in the bourton with a 5 width how would that correspond to size regarding the stow or eaton boots? I'm not looking to wear thicker socks with the boots to compensate for size discrepancies. So, would a 7.5 be the same fit, or would I need to size up or down?

tks

Pillars

Reaction score
Hey all, I bought a new pair of Tricker's on ebay. I'm not familiar with the leather sole on it. Its only a single thickness and it has a very smooth / almost waxy feel to it. Any ideas about what it is? Heres a photo of it:

renn

Reaction score
If I wear a 7.5 in the bourton with a 5 width how would that correspond to size regarding the stow or eaton boots? I'm not looking to wear thicker socks with the boots to compensate for size discrepancies. So, would a 7.5 be the same fit, or would I need to size up or down?

tks

Burton,Eaton 4444 last
Stow 4497s last

The 4497s Last, although a generous fitting, is noticeably closer fitting over the top of the foot (Instep) than the 4444 Last.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

tks

Unless the Bourtons feel on the tight side, get the same size.

LMTLiam

Reaction score
Tricker's factory shop advises to go up a 1/2 size from the 4444 last to the 4497s. I'd like to buy a 4497s boot too, but don't know what to think regarding size.

The 7 1/2 on 4444 is roomy enough for me, and if the 4497s is only tighter 'over the instep,' I'd figure that an 8 in that last would be a little too large in every other respect, like the 4444.

Burton,Eaton 4444 last
Stow 4497s last

The 4497s Last, although a generous fitting, is noticeably closer fitting over the top of the foot (Instep) than the 4444 Last.

BAUER

Reaction score
ah ah
i can understand
i like the mix of color with this vibram sole

i can't imagine a commando sole on these
but with a natural Barbour welt and a double leather sole yes :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads