• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical TRICKERS shoes and boots thread

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

no, if anything I would call the 4497 just slightly undersized, not as much as a half size, maybe 1/4 size. This is just my opinion based on owning like 6 or 7 pairs on 4444, and about 6 or 7 pairs on 4497. but i hear a lot of different sizing rec's on here that all contradict each other sometimes
if you cant try it on IRL or have a good return policy these might not be the best shoes for you to buy blind
anyways, here are new longwing brogue boots, called Galosh or something? from Shoehealer MTO, in burgundy with dainite sole. 4444 last. in shoes I buy this last in TTS 7UK, in boots I buy em in 7.5UK since I like to wear thick socks with these boots.

I love your fits. Your slacks are always crisp and your jeans cuffed perfectly. You give Trickers a good name :p

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

no, if anything I would call the 4497 just slightly undersized, not as much as a half size, maybe 1/4 size. This is just my opinion based on owning like 6 or 7 pairs on 4444, and about 6 or 7 pairs on 4497. but i hear a lot of different sizing rec's on here that all contradict each other sometimes

if you cant try it on IRL or have a good return policy these might not be the best shoes for you to buy blind

anyways, here are new longwing brogue boots, called Galosh or something? from Shoehealer MTO, in burgundy with dainite sole. 4444 last. in shoes I buy this last in TTS 7UK, in boots I buy em in 7.5UK since I like to wear thick socks with these boots.

Very nice.
I thought "galosh" was just the UK term for longwing.

I've got a very similar pair coming soon on the 4497.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Smoking boots. Great combination.

But why do your laces strait across? I used to do that in the 80's when I break daced.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
^^^^its the way of my people.

You wore brogue boots and break danced in them, in the 80s? Color me badd and color me impressed.

Yes I know you didn't wear brogue boots while breakdancing.

rkusmant

Reaction score

Very nice.
I thought "galosh" was just the UK term for longwing.
I've got a very similar pair coming soon on the 4497.

It's a beautiful boots, can't wait til I get them, hopefully before Christmas this year....
4444 Last is on the generous side IMO, but if you get boots/shoeswith the bellow tongue, it'll be somewhat similar to the fit of 4497 Last.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
I don't understand trickers sizing of the 4497, I have two boots both exactly the same in different sizes. The 9.5uk feels huge like I could easily go down a half size but the 9uk in the same boot is small. The difference is like 3/4 to a whole size really unbelievable and frustrating.

How does sargent 87 fit compared to the 4497 does anyone know?

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't understand trickers sizing of the 4497, I have two boots both exactly the same in different sizes. The 9.5uk feels huge like I could easily go down a half size but the 9uk in the same boot is small. The difference is like 3/4 to a whole size really unbelievable and frustrating.

yup i have 87 last shoes in the same size as my stows.
87 is on the (slightly) narrow side of normal. much less room in the toe, but similar length.
Basically just not as roomy. It's a nice last.

I'd guess a 9.5UK would fit you well on the 87 unless you have a wide foot. Don't buy if you have a wide foot.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

thanks hendrix

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

^^^^its the way of my people.
You wore brogue boots and break danced in them, in the 80s? Color me badd and color me impressed.
Yes I know you didn't wear brogue boots while breakdancing.

Dam, was half way thru a reply when I saw the last comment tucked in the bottom.

For the record, suede pumas, thick laces.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

There's a pair of seconds in UK9 at retrickers this morning.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Trickers-si...7370439?pt=UK_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item4842bda647

Some UK8.5 in golden tan too.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's hilarious, I was about to post those.
Someone buy them... I don't need another pair of dark brown/burg boots.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score

yup i have 87 last shoes in the same size as my stows.
87 is on the (slightly) narrow side of normal. much less room in the toe, but similar length.
Basically just not as roomy. It's a nice last.

I'd guess a 9.5UK would fit you well on the 87 unless you have a wide foot. Don't buy if you have a wide foot.

hendy,

i'm being told the 341 last in c&j should be similar fitting as 87 what do you know about this?

whatch you know about lobb 7000 vs c&j sizing?

thanks dawg

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score

hendy,
i'm being told the 341 last in c&j should be similar fitting as 87 what do you know about this?
whatch you know about lobb 7000 vs c&j sizing?
thanks dawg

No experience with either lasts sorry. I'm the same size in C&J 224 last as i am in AS87 if that helps.

Actually, do take what i said about it being slightly narrow with a grain of salt - mine are balmorals, so boots with open lacing might be an easier fit.

(in pics) Lobb 7000 looks like the best RTW last ever, would love to cop one day.

Do you have a brooks brothers near you? alot of the Peal shoes are made by Sargent on the 87. You can tell because on the inside it has 87 handwritten. Pretty sure these for example are 87 last.

There's a good change some of the boots might be on the 87 last - especially some of the chukkas. They label them exactly 1 size up, e.g. They'll be labeled 10 1/2D=9 1/2UK.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Yes there is I've gone in there to check out their peals last year will check again thanks man.

Yep plan on copping jl city iis soon, there is a lobb store here also. Finally had my c&j westfields shipped.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads