• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

bbconair

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
barbour is supposed to be baggier / roomier. that being said, i wear mine like your pics and prefer it that way. to me barbour looks much better unzipped / open rather than zipped up

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the 36 might fit better. The 34 looks short and fitted. With a sweater, the sleeves of the 34 might appear much shorter. My two cents...

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought about the Ashby but I didn't like how the cuffs were turn-ups and prefer the Bedale's cuffs. I fit into an Ashby S so a M should work well with you.

My Bedale is 34 and although it works fine, I hope to move up to a 36 just to get some more room underneath. I'm a 38S (similar drop to you) to help with your reference.

@otacon, might have opportunity to get the To Ki To jacket. The Commander B jacket seems like a copy for the Bond movie and I definitely want the hood as I plan to actually wear it around in bad weather; I don't plan to wear it as a sports jacket. If it works out, I might not need my Bedale.

otacon

Reaction score

I thought about the Ashby but I didn't like how the cuffs were turn-ups and prefer the Bedale's cuffs. I fit into an Ashby S so a M should work well with you.

My Bedale is 34 and although it works fine, I hope to move up to a 36 just to get some more room underneath. I'm a 38S (similar drop to you) to help with your reference.

@otacon, might have opportunity to get the To Ki To jacket. The Commander B jacket seems like a copy for the Bond movie and I definitely want the hood as I plan to actually wear it around in bad weather; I don't plan to wear it as a sports jacket. If it works out, I might not need my Bedale.

I've used the hood on many occasions. It's a little small for my taste, but does its job. Hope it works out for you!

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've used the hood on many occasions. It's a little small for my taste, but does its job. Hope it works out for you!
Thanks man! I have a small head... might work for me!

Quick question: You mentioned the driving being made in olive; is the picture of posted the one in brown (cotton) or the brown was only made in a poly blend?

otacon

Reaction score

Thanks man! I have a small head... might work for me!

Quick question: You mentioned the driving being made in olive; is the picture of posted the one in brown (cotton) or the brown was only made in a poly blend?

The picture is the brown cotton version.
The poly one was also brown, as you noted.
I've never actually seen the green version for sale, but only in Barbour's product images, for whatever reason.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how many Barbour jackets do all of you have? Lately I've been wanting to go with the waxed cotton jackets. My thoughts are spurred by having a great glen plaid wool Beaufort but haven't warn it all winter...

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@otacon, got lucky and was able to get both the sports and driving jacket. Overall very impressed with them and I'm hard pressed to even keep my Bedale! The only thing I like on the Bedale are the handwarmer pockets.
33456817626_2413c85c8d_z.jpg
32654240594_aed0a2993c_z.jpg
Interesting there seems to be two versions of the Driving jacket as I saw a version with a removable liner. The one I have is fixed although they have three buttons at the bottom attached to the powder skirt.

otacon

Reaction score

@otacon, got lucky and was able to get both the sports and driving jacket. Overall very impressed with them and I'm hard pressed to even keep my Bedale! The only thing I like on the Bedale are the handwarmer pockets.
33456817626_2413c85c8d_z.jpg
32654240594_aed0a2993c_z.jpg
Interesting there seems to be two versions of the Driving jacket as I saw a version with a removable liner. The one I have is fixed although they have three buttons at the bottom attached to the powder skirt.
Niiiiiice. Congrats on the find.

bembel

Reaction score
I'm curious how many Barbour jackets do all of you have? Lately I've been wanting to go with the waxed cotton jackets. My thoughts are spurred by having a great glen plaid wool Beaufort but haven't warn it all winter...

I have three. A Beaufort which I bought 15 years ago, a Reiver from '15, and a hooded Bedale from last year. For all 3 I have liners, so I can wear them all winter (it doesn't get so cold where I live - it seldomly gets below 0 degree celsius).
I'm not wearing the Beaufort so much anymore because I prefer Barbours with hoods. But in the 15 years it has aged very nicely and I hope the same will happen with the newer ones.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads