• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Offical Barbour Thread

kentpope

Reaction score
Hi

I´m looking do buy a Barbour Ashby Olive color. I have tried it here in my home town of Reykjavik, Iceland but I am looking to save A LOT by buying online. Found this site http://www.ashevillesolutions.com/

They have a sale and I´m thinking... is the price to good to be true? The pictures look good and real and the website looks good also.

I´m just affraid of getting some fake stuff from China.

If anybody can help its sure would save me some stressing ;)

FAKE FAKE FAKE

http://www.barbour.com/counterfeit-education

movoblast

Reaction score
How many barbour jackets do you guys own? I only have 3 jackets in rotation this season, one of which is a sage Bedale. I just bought a black Barbour International and I'm wondering if I'll regret this purchase later. Do you think this is too trendy for business casual?

Farhad19620

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many barbour jackets do you guys own? I only have 3 jackets in rotation this season, one of which is a sage Bedale. I just bought a black Barbour International and I'm wondering if I'll regret this purchase later. Do you think this is too trendy for business casual?

I have two and would purchase another if needed.If you dress causally the jacket is fine.

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How many barbour jackets do you guys own? I only have 3 jackets in rotation this season, one of which is a sage Bedale. I just bought a black Barbour International and I'm wondering if I'll regret this purchase later. Do you think this is too trendy for business casual?

I have a Beaufort and a Chelsea jacket. IMO the International is too casual for business casual.

colabear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got this sage green bedale for my brother. I like this better than the beaufort because of the shorter length which looks better with the fitted jacket. The knitted ribbed cuffs on the sleeves are also more comfortable.

jhwendland

Reaction score
How many barbour jackets do you guys own? I only have 3 jackets in rotation this season, one of which is a sage Bedale. I just bought a black Barbour International and I'm wondering if I'll regret this purchase later. Do you think this is too trendy for business casual?

I'm inclined to say an International isn't appropriate for business casual.

z4017

Reaction score
A good bargain
Barbour Shordace jacket 46% off
http://www.infinities.co.uk/clothing-c56/jackets-c4/barbour-dept-b-shordace-waxed-jacket-navy-p99602
Already grabbed one.
smile.gif

z4017

Reaction score
Barbour International is very stylish, simply wonderful! Why regret. Love the shining buttons.
Unluckily the retailer sent me a wrong size (large instead of medium), and I had to give it to my brother-in-law.
Already ordered a Shordace, then I'll still own two Barbour jackets.

golfnutter66

Reaction score

The International is not for business casual. It pairs nicely with jeans on the weekend and maybe a heavy wool sweater underneath.

I own two Barbours, Beaufort and the Tokito Horse Riding Jacket. Looking to add the international and the Commander eventually. Gotta get to Toronto to visit Strollerys.

Last edited:

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

Last year the Stollerys at Yonge & Bloor had racks and racks of Barbour. Gloverall too. Glad to see they're still in business and carrying such great merchandise.

I wish I knew they stocked Barbour before I bought my Barbour Martindale from Sporting Life.
Oh well, still got me a good waxed, insulated jacket. Maybe a Bedale for next Fall.

Spaghettimatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wish I knew they stocked Barbour before I bought my Barbour Martindale from Sporting Life.
Oh well, still got me a good waxed, insulated jacket. Maybe a Bedale for next Fall.

Except that every SA I've dealt with at Stollery's has been a rude cock. Last I was there they were selling Bedales for something like $600, which is laughable.

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

Except that every SA I've dealt with at Stollery's has been a rude cock. Last I was there they were selling Bedales for something like $600, which is laughable.

Opposite at Sporting Life.
Those kids have NO CLUE about what they sell there.

Wonder what's worse?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FitSpressCost