• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Oak Street Bootmakers

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is the MTO delivery time similar to the 6 week wait for stock models? I am going to sell my leffot natty indys upon delivery and order a pair of natty trenches with danite for next fall.

Thanks!!

wonsmithr8

Reaction score

Is the MTO delivery time similar to the 6 week wait for stock models? I am going to sell my leffot natty indys upon delivery and order a pair of natty trenches with danite for next fall.

Thanks!!

Yes 6-8 weeks, my last two have been 8 weeks

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've had these for roughly 3 or 4 months.....love them and the patina they are developing.

I've treated them 2x with VSC and wear them probably 3x per week.

Paired with Gustin Okayama Standard jeans.....

awesome! This is one of only about 2 or 3 pictures i have seen of these boots worn without cuffed denim. Not that there is anything wrong with cuffed denim but I just prefer to wear my jeans straight. Can anyone post pictures of trenches with unrolled denim? Maybe a birds eye shot as well??

Thanks!!

jmaudi0

Reaction score
awesome! This is one of only about 2 or 3 pictures i have seen of these boots worn without cuffed denim. Not that there is anything wrong with cuffed denim but I just prefer to wear my jeans straight. Can anyone post pictures of trenches with unrolled denim? Maybe a birds eye shot as well??

Thanks!!

repost from earlier in this thread. boots have a lot more wear on them now. also a vibram raptor topy glued on. still love them as much as they day i bought them!

katabatic

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been discussed at some point, but I can't find that post(s). How does OSB compare with Quoddy and Yuketen for mocs and Wolverine 1k Mile and Red Wing for boots?

I have both OSB Trench boots (Color 8, dainite) and several pairs of Wolverine 1Ks. The trench boot overall feels like a nicer boot than the 1Ks - the general level of finish is cleaner, the toe/vamp lining is more substantial, and the leather seems to be of a slightly heavier grade (although that could just be my imagination - they're both Horween Chromexcel). The Trench boots have a 360 degree welt, vs. the 270 degree welt of the 1Ks, which makes a big visual difference. They also have a taller shaft, which I like.

The last is somewhat narrower, and the toe box is substantially lower profile than the 1K. I bought the same size that wear in 1K in the trench boot (12), and unfortunately I wish I'd sized up. While they initially felt great, I ended up with pain in my right big toe (my right foot is larger) because it didn't have enough room and was being pressed sideways. I'm thinking about trying a size 13 if I can find them, but it's possible that the toe box is just too low profile for me (I've come to realize I have "high volume" feet -- I found out last year that I can't wear Alden Barrie-lasted boots (although bluchers are fine) because they don't have enough volume.
musicboohoo[1].gif
).

As long as they work for your feet, they're very sturdy, well made boots. The dainite sole is quite substantial (which may also contribute to a longer break-in period - it's a good deal stiffer than a leather sole).

If anyone needs a pair of size 12, color 8, with dainite sole, mine are available now :(.

justridiculous

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have both OSB Trench boots (Color 8, dainite) and several pairs of Wolverine 1Ks. The trench boot overall feels like a nicer boot than the 1Ks - the general level of finish is cleaner, the toe/vamp lining is more substantial, and the leather seems to be of a slightly heavier grade (although that could just be my imagination - they're both Horween Chromexcel). The Trench boots have a 360 degree welt, vs. the 270 degree welt of the 1Ks, which makes a big visual difference. They also have a taller shaft, which I like.

The last is somewhat narrower, and the toe box is substantially lower profile than the 1K. I bought the same size that wear in 1K in the trench boot (12), and unfortunately I wish I'd sized up. While they initially felt great, I ended up with pain in my right big toe (my right foot is larger) because it didn't have enough room and was being pressed sideways. I'm thinking about trying a size 13 if I can find them, but it's possible that the toe box is just too low profile for me (I've come to realize I have "high volume" feet -- I found out last year that I can't wear Alden Barrie-lasted boots (although bluchers are fine) because they don't have enough volume.
musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
).

As long as they work for your feet, they're very sturdy, well made boots. The dainite sole is quite substantial (which may also contribute to a longer break-in period - it's a good deal stiffer than a leather sole).

If anyone needs a pair of size 12, color 8, with dainite sole, mine are available now :(.

Thanks so much for the information, much appreciated.

Jalt

Reaction score

Yes, I would certainly assume that the OSB last is sleeker than the Alden Barrie. Would also agree that it looked very similar to the Trench Boot, but, of course, with a lower toe box. Was surprised to see this up on Bonobos before other sites. 

Overall I find the shoe very comfortable and lightweight out of the box. 

Thanks for info. I ordered a pair from bonobos since I got 20% off as a new customer.

Mead

Reaction score
I thought the trench boot was wider than the Wolverine, its nice to know since I have narrow feet

Mead

Reaction score

Thanks!!

Great color

linafelt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought the trench boot was wider than the Wolverine, its nice to know since I have narrow feet

I think almost everyone finds it to be so, I certainly did -- wider than the 1000 Mile boot that is. But shows you how tricky sizing and fit is..

Mead

Reaction score

musicboohoo%5B1%5D.gif
).

He is talking about a narrower last than the 1K, that´s why I wrote that

katabatic

Reaction score
At the same numeric size, the trench boot is definitely not wider than the regular Wolverine 1Ks (it might be wider than the Allen-Edmonds built shell cordovan models, but I've never owned them).

Blue Owl sells both and has measurements for both on their site:
https://www.blueowl.us/product/oak-street-bootmakers-black-dainite-trench-boot/
https://www.blueowl.us/product/wolverine-1000-mile-in-black/

Those measurements match up with mine, measuring from edge-to-edge on the sole. The measurement that really matters is the insole width - since the Trench boot has a wider welt, that means the insole is correspondingly narrower.

Also, HOLY CRAP - check out the cherry cavalier Trench boots. Gorgeous!

https://www.blueowl.us/product/oak-street-bootmakers-x-blue-owl-cherry-cavalier-dainite-trench-boot/

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member