• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYC any hidden shopping gems?

Vivid

Reaction score
I'm heading up to NYC for the weekend and was going to try to do some shopping while I'm there. I'm staying in SoHo and plan to check out all the stores there like APC, barneys, Jean Shop etc. but are what are all of your favs? I'm fairly new to NYC apart from the big names I am lost when it comes to the shops.

I'm looking for mid priced store, my style goes from a urban grunge to a bit preppy. Sales/discount stores are always good too.

thanks for any help

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There are a few stores hidden under manhole covers but if I told you about them they wouldn't remain hidden.

Sebastian_Flyte

Reaction score
I've never found anything there for myself but have seen some steals in other sizes: http://www.designerresaleconsignment.com/ Apart from that, my only advice is stay the hell away from the designer outlet mall north of the city (blanking on the name)-- it's more picked over than an antelope carcass in the Kalahari (zing!) and most of the stuff is just made for outlet crap to sell to tourists, who come in by the busfull.

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NDG - But you need to know the password. I don't now it b/c im not cool enough
frown.gif

prurient

Reaction score
Nepenthes NY
Extra
Palmer Trading Company
Made with Rest (need appointment)
Camouflage (good Cabourn selection)
Goosebarnacle
Hollander & Lexer
Brooklyn Circus

and many more.

Vivid

Reaction score
Thanks for all the helpful replies.
Originally Posted by whodini
Man, if only one or more people had already asked this question repeatedly throughout the years... Nah, because then someone would need to invent some kinda high tech search technology.
I'm sure the question has been asked many times before and searching is easy but... NYC is too short and nearly every thread has a hit with "New York". I did go through several pages of results but none had a title that sounded similar.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Graham Fowler in the village just a couple blocks from Bleecker St
138 West 10th St

great store, cool guys working it, they carry good lines and have their own house line which would appeal to many here

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Vivid
I'm sure the question has been asked many times before and searching is easy but... NYC is too short and nearly every thread has a hit with "New York". I did go through several pages of results but none had a title that sounded similar.
Several pages? "shops New York" gets me lists of results on the first page. And what's funny is that in another one of those threads I tell the OP the same damn thing.
facepalm.gif

ebdet2002

Reaction score
R.A.G. new york has some interesting items, pretty cheap (and maybe a bit tacky) if you're looking for something different

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads