• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

No rear pockets on bespoke pants: thoughts?

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jkennett
The only thing I like less than having no pockets would be having only one pocket. That is of course based purely on looks. I feel the pockets create a break visually that makes one's ass look better than without. I also agree that it is a bit too feminine without pockets, especially if it's a trouser that you mean to wear with a belt.

Originally Posted by TCN
What the hell's the point of omitting the rear pockets?

It'll make your ass look bigger, so it's not to look sleek, and if it's about comfort, then you really need to toughen up there princess. ;-)

In my mind's eye, I think it would make me look like an extra from A Clockwork Orange, but then again I'm sure it would look great on you. ;-)

I have to agree with you guys plus I use my pockets in the back. Am I the only human being who still puts his wallet in his back pocket
confused.gif

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
I have to agree with you guys plus I use my pockets in the back. Am I the only human being who still puts his wallet in his back pocket
confused.gif

That would make ****** look even bigger.

kali77

Reaction score
confused.gif

I still do. I have a slim wallet that does not bother me in the least.

Since I use my left rear pocket, I would probably have them cut with just that pocket.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
confused.gif

No, I plan on using the same tailor and will request back pockets. I don't care if its noob.

TCN

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
confused.gif

I'm with you, I use a small card case in my back pocket, since it seems to stick out less than a breast pocket wallet.

I like shirts without pockets since I carry my fountain pen in my jacket, but pants without rear pockets? No thanks. And don't even tell me that we're about getting rid of all unnecessary details, because in that case we have to have a little discussion about buttons.

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I sometimes use my (suit) back pockets (always do on jeans). Even so I have one suit with only one back pocket and the first time I noticed it in the mirror I thought it looked a little creepy. I would definitely never get one made without back pockets.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess it`s a matter of personal taste. I`ve seen pants without pockets and think they look weird, so I always get pockets with mine.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TCN
And don't even tell me that we're about getting rid of all unnecessary details, because in that case we have to have a little discussion about buttons.

Someone please tell me there's a good reason for lapels . . .

usctrojan55

Reaction score
I always ask for one pocket. It looks weird without at least one pocket. Just because it's there doesnt mean you have to use it.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan

Well, if you have to head-butt someone it helps tremendously if he has lapels.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't actually mind wearing either type... but when I have the choice I order my trousers without any back pockets. I never use them anyway and think it looks a bit sleeker without them there. I've never thought it looked feminine.

*shrug* chacun a son gout.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score

#1 good reason: the boutonniere

(I'm glad you didn't ask for two...)

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Holdfast
I never use them anyway and think it looks a bit sleeker without them there. I've never thought it looked feminine.

I can see how no-pockets can make some men look sleeker back there. They can also make some men look . . . less sleek. I fear I fall under the latter category.

Will

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can see how no-pockets can make some men look sleeker back there. They can also make some men look . . . less sleek. I fear I fall under the latter category.

You're probably over-thinking it. Your jacket covers the affected area.

Without pockets there's no temptation to put a cell phone or a wallet on your rear and make a bulge in the line of your jacket. And there are fewer buttons to fall off, requiring fewer trips to the tailor.

On the other side of the argument, no advantages unless you use them. In that case, re-read the first sentence in the paragraph above this one.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads