• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I typed that up before the link to the chukkas was posted, but i guess i was ninja'd there - i swear i'm not that dumb.

It's all good, I wasn't being a dick, was wondering if you needed help on sizing or comfort level.

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Also, Black Toes comes out tonight/tomorrow in case anyone is interested.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It really depends on the whether which looks you prefer and the comfort/weight. Weight might not even be noticeable if you aren't a serious runner but Lunar is more cushioned.

I prefer the overall look of the trainers and how the uppers are designed. I still wish they released the FKs with the only Lunar sole, like the ones they use on the chukkas.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For me the racer is not nearly as comfortable as the trainer...trainer is much more cushioned. The racer seems to be meant for speed and racing...not meant for daily use which would explain the less cush on em.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My trainers:

Air Max 180:

Jordan 3's out now...m'eh. I do want to kop the 4's in Black and Red...later in June I believe? Story behind these shoes for me is that I was in the 7th grade when they came out. My folks weren't rich by any standard...we lived with my grandparents, and I never had lots of nice clothes as a kid...one reason Catholic School was an easy decision for my parents. Gym time, everyone got a chance to rock whatever they wanted on their feet (with the busted up gym uniform of course). I wanted the Black and Red Jordans. They released in three colors that year, a blue and white, red black and white, and red and black. EVERYONE was getting the red and black, so I begged my mom to take me to the mall to get me a pair. We went to FL and she saw the price, let me have a look, and immediately told me no. "But maaa," I begged, "Everyone has these!" I wasn't everyone was her response. It turned out a lot of them were still in kid's sizes and I was an 8.5 Mens...think the cut off was 5.5. UGH. Then, we went downstairs to Payless, where they had the same exact shoe, in the knock-off version. Instead of the NIke Air on the back, it had 4 stripes "My friends couldn't afford em, four stripes on their adidas..." and no air bubble "and I'm lost if it pops". The guy tried to no avail to convince me that these were the same exact shoe, and that my friends were suckers. It had the same effect on me as my half hearted attempt to convince my friends that once we got to the gym later that week. So for me, getting these 4's on release is a must, even if I never wear them...just thought I'd share as this seemed the most appropriate place. Credit to the kids I went to school withm they could have been merciless on me, as I see with kids I teach, but they were pretty cool, and laid off...it still sucked though.

Golf54

Reaction score
Both sites gave me the error that they could not be added, despite trying few hundred times. If someone can do the checking out for me next time I'd be happy to give them a good price for their efforts.

ChetB

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NewYorkIslander: I have a similar story re: Jordans from when I was a kid (I'm guessing a lot of us do), except it was the Jordan 5s. My buddy had a white/red pair. I begged my parents, and they ended up getting me a pair of Nike "Sky Jordans" in black/red instead. Very similar design but without the air pocket, the "Nike Air" on the heel, or the cachet. I took what I could get, though I always knew they were inferior. I did get my hands on a red Flight suit, though my buddy's mom got mad when she found out he sold it to me and made him take it back.

I did get a pair of Reebok Pumps a year later and for a moment felt cool.

I thought about getting a pair of grapes when they came out, just to make kid-me proud, but figured I probably wouldn't wear them.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
the grapes would have probably turned out sour :lol:

my mom broke down and got me a pair of white/cement 4's. balled in them until the heel disintegrated and the air pocket fell out :slayer:

4characters

Reaction score

my vintage nikes... I have no idea what model they are.... no tag.... no numers.... no name..... cool sneakers...

4characters

Reaction score
FACT: White's boots makes the best boots in the world and my nike's are the best sneakers in the world... (best for me atleast, opinions may varry)

lace-to-toe!

a little chewed up, but have air in heal and ball of foot!

all I need....

well stitched and realy holds my feet in place

super durable vintage cupsole with exelent traction!

so rare they don't seem to exsist!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads