1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

NIKE Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by RFX45, Aug 18, 2012.

1. jet

jet Senior member

I like how NYI missed all of my posts :lol:

2. masshi

masshi Senior member

nah, sorry, 8.5

yeah, i was planning on selling them over CL (hence the close to retail asking price; no shipping costs)

i'm not gonna come across any shady characters, though, am i? :eek:

3. thenewjs

thenewjs Senior member

I do my meet ups in Starbucks and never after 8pm. That way their face is on camera and other people are around.

4. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

He doesn't like you, time to kill him.

5. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Sending them back. Too narrow for me for running. :(

6. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Senior member

7. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Senior member

Wud I miss...was at beach for a while with spotty internet...then by the time I got home I had two lil kids pulling on my arms and legs while I was on here...

8. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I see you, playa.
    [​IMG]

The 3s are still available in nearly fsr for those who wants a pair on nearly all online retailers.

The KDs on the other hand....haha.

1 person likes this.
  9. Find Finn

Find Finn Senior member

About 2-3 pages of FK free discussion and Jet liking them.

10. NOBD

NOBD Senior member

Got these instead. After a close finish with Asics and Saucony, in a race in which aesthetics didn't play a role (which was quite hard for me...). Still, happy these came out on top. I've been wearing Nike since the introduction of the brand in NL (early eighties, I think).

[​IMG]

11. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

hmph...no respect for the OG '88 colorways. i guess these days you need to have a colorway that looks like a lion having sex with a zebra to sell out quickly...

12. wj4

wj4 Senior member

The colorway that released today, the Fire Red, is one of the OG colorways. They made TONS of these, moreso than the Toro Red 4s. And some people don't want them because they still had their 06/07 versions still. Also, the "Katrina" 3s are rumored to release next spring.

Had they slap the "Nike Air" on the back and lower the production number, it will sell out.

This is the colorway that dropped today.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

so i guess this is my best chance to get a true OG colorway of one of my favorite sneakers of all time, huh. it doesn't bother me that they have the jumpman on the back instead of the "nike air" swoosh. the elephant print stuff looks a bit different than the OG as well, but oh wells

14. jet

jet Senior member

looks so much better with nike air on back, maybe i cop a pair always wanted some IIIs but I'm afraid i'd never wear them

1 person likes this.
  15. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I wear them for giggles on the weekends. Pretty much it man. Haha

16. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

I'd get them just to go out back and practice double clutch reverse layups on the hoop out back :lol:

17. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

FK Frees remind me of those water shoes I wanted when I was like 9 but my mom wouldn't buy them for me because they were so stupid looking.

Mom was always right.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. wj4

wj4 Senior member

I'm not athletic enough for that, haha. I'll just knock down the tres points.

Went to pick up my reserved pair at NTLA. Got there at 10 mins or so before opening. Walked in at 10AM and they told me I had to line up since they were doing fcfs for the KDs. By the time I got in, there were a couple of KDs left so I picked up another pair in case a friend wants it. Otherwise I'll get rid of it next week.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I just need those Fire Red 5s and 12s and Wolf Grey Flyknit lunar when they're around $100 and I will be set for 2013.

This thread def opened Pandora's box for me. Got me scouring nice jackets to rock to the gym and running outside now, haha.

19. Golf54

Golf54 Senior member

They look much better than I remember. I think I'm going to get some Angelus paint and redo the paint on my 07 pair. I feel like buying another pair of III's would be a waste when I have my old ones lying around.

I just read that the Yeezy 2's are rumored to release again at a store in NY. That is..according to some random "legit" source via Niketalk. Nike is just printing money right now

20. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

anyone know of a slim nike workout pants with the cuffs on the hem kind of like the usa Olympic bowerman pants?