• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Exclusive: Nike and Riccardo Tisci Announce Collaboration

We thought 2013 was a huge year for Riccardo Tisci—what with his CFDA International Award, the Met Gala, and his costumes for the Opera Garnier. But ‘14 is shaping up to be just as big. The Givenchy designer has exclusively revealed to Style.com that he has collaborated with Nike. The fruits of the partnership, which will bear the logo NIKE RT, will arrive in stores and on Nike.com this Spring. “For me, Nike represents a lot: my childhood, America,” Tisci said. “In Europe, America is the flag, McDonald’s, Marlboro, and Nike, for a kid it’s very important.” The respect goes both ways. “We were impressed by his vision,” Ian Ginoza, Nike’s Global Footwear Director, said. “I personally wear some of the t-shirts; that’s something that Riccardo does well, blurring the lines with street fashion.”

Neither Tisci nor Nike went into detail about the categories represented in the collaboration, but it’s safe to say that footwear will be a major part of it. Tisci has worn the same style of Nikes for 16 years. “When I got the call, it sounded so strong, so perfect for my DNA. It’s a big honor for me, especially because they’re always working with sports people,” he continued. Nike has partnered with the likes of the industrial designer Mark Newsom, the artist Tom Sachs, and (infamously) Kanye West, but it rarely collaborates with fashion designers. “I couldn’t bring them technology, instead I brought my style, what people like me for and what the young generation follows me for,” Tisci added. So what does it all look like? “It’s strong without being loud,” Tisci promised. This video portrait of the designer (below) may provide some more clues.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

piluchavez

Reaction score

Dying trying to find a size 9.5 in AJ1 OG BREDs. If anybody can help me out. Willing to pay a finder's fee if the price is not ****.

Hey man I had no idea you were on styleforum too. I'm the dude from niketalk you messaged about the 1s. I'll keep an eye out for your size.

I have the white infrared VI 2010 and have no idea how to wear them. They only look good with washed jeans IMO.

ChasingBobby

Reaction score
Black Infrared and the white Infrared VI is a must cop for this year..seems like the only shoes ill be purchasing for myself..

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Man I didn't plan to cop a pair of the VIs til WIly posted the MJ pics. :censored:

Maybe I'll just wear my DMP VIs to soften the blow being unable to get a pair on release.

piluchavez

Reaction score
Just for fun, here's mine:

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dying trying to find a size 9.5 in AJ1 OG BREDs. If anybody can help me out. Willing to pay a finder's fee if the price is not ****.

Good luck trying to find a pair under $300, my man. Beasts are still beasting.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man I didn't plan to cop a pair of the VIs til WIly posted the MJ pics. :censored:

Maybe I'll just wear my DMP VIs to soften the blow being unable to get a pair on release.

We both wear the same size. We live in the same area. I insist you don't try to get a pair because you may be getting my pair. You have enough sneakers to last 10 lifetimes for a small nation, good sir.

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
FLIGHT 23 AT FOOTACTION TO BE FIRST NORTH AMERICA JORDAN-ONLY RETAIL LOCATION

Jordan Brand confirms first Jordan-only retail store—in partnership with Footaction—located in mid-town Manhattan.

In a town accustomed to both construction and unusual sights, New Yorkers on West 34th Street between 7th and 8th Avenues—one block from Madison Square Garden—on Friday morning noticed a new 18-foot tall classic Jordan shoebox serving as a construction barrier. Behind that barrier, the Jordan Brand and Footaction teams are hard at work creating a Jordan-only retail store, the first in a series of planned premium Jordan retail experiences coming to North America.

“We’re excited to launch North America's first Jordan Brand exclusive retail experience for athletes at the top of their game who demand the absolute best in both performance and style,” said Larry Miller, President, Jordan Brand. "We will work with Footaction to bring Flight 23 to markets across North America, and can't imagine a better place to start than one of the best basketball cities in the world, New York."

More details about the New York Flight 23 store will roll out in the coming weeks—stay tuned to @Jumpman23 and Jordan.com for all the latest information.

2wbuicx.jpg

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Damn i had the infrared agassis and the black vi's, guess I did have some heat back in the day! :lol:

btw flyknit 2s are uggs

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads